Trouble with dispensing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indymedic

Reaction score
I will try to keep this short. I carbed up a new keg this week and hooked it up last night to try it. I had just cleaned the lines so I hooked everything back up pulled the handle and nothing. So I pulled everything apart. Checked the faucet, line, keg post all clear. Pulled the dip tube also clear. I took apart the ball valve, dirty. So I cleaned that and hooked back up. I was able to pour but it was very slow and foamy. I hooked up to another tap and it poured but was also a little slower than normal, and lots of floaters. I read that this could occur if my poppets got mixed up. Is there a way to tell this. Also why else could be causing this. Is it possible some hops or other material plugged the ball valve. I figured it would take a rather large particle to do that. This beer is great and I want to drink it from the right tap.

Latest posts

Back