Trip to San Antonio - Brewery suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bierandbikes

Reaction score
I am headed to Ft Sam Houston in San Antonio so I am looking for good breweries to visit (preferably ones serving food for dinner) and hotel recommendations within walking distance of those breweries (I don't mind a 20-30 minute walk for good beer). Also, if there are any outstanding beers that are only available locally that I should bring home with me, let me know.

Thanks for the advice.

No. Go to Rudy's instead. You'll thank me later. :rockin::D

Freetail isn't within walking distance to Ft. Sam but its pretty good. You can also check out Blue Star. We also have a Flying Saucer here.

Flying Saucer, is good. Freetail brews their own & has good chow. I'm told that The Friendly Spot is also nice. Went to Big Hops Growler Station a few days ago, lots of good micro brews there, but I didn't see any food. For hotels, I would check out the Drury on the riverwalk. I think they have TDY prices. Busted Sandal Brewery just opened a few months ago, they have a tap room. You can PM me if you want more info, been stationed here at Fort Sam for 2 years now.

Latest posts

Back