transporting a finished beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeyrod

Reaction score
I made a beer with my brother inlaw and kept it at his house its an IIPA and I wanted to do 2plus weeks one gallon on oak and bourbon and another gallon on oak and dark rum... my problem is that the beer is 2 hours away I wanted to bottle the 3 gallons of beer and take the 2 one gallon carboys home... has anyone done this and had any bad experiences??? I figure my main problem was going to be agitating the beer and having to wait for it to settle out, which is fine since im going to go 2+ weeks on oak and bourbon so I can wait. The beer is finished primary and its secondary fermentation in my recipe but I wanted to do a little mad beerologist.. what do you guys think? I will answer any question about the beer you have. Thanks a bunch

J

If the beer is going to be kegged off I wouldn't worry about it. Even if you bottle condition it a few gallons of beer will be consumed faster than you will detect big time oxidized flavor.

Have fun...Don't worry about it at all. Just crash cool it good...make sure the air locks are tight on your voyage...I mean the windows down could let a lot of fun stuff in.

I wouldn't worry.

I've talked to alot of people that I trust and I was also told to fill them up as much as possible

Latest posts

Back