Transferring to keg before vacation

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjbanks

Reaction score
I am heading out for a week long vacation shortly and will have my beer finished and ready to transfer to keg right before the vacation (I'm currently dry hopping in primary and will be done 3 days before I leave). I'm also planning on cold crashing for a day or two and adding an ounce or two of hops to the keg.

My plan is to add a bag of dry hops and transfer beer, purge keg of O2 and let it sit in kegerator for a week while I'm gone. Then carbonate when I return.

Would you purge and transfer to keg with the dry hops and let it sit OR just set the regulator to 9-12 psi which should carbonate over a week. Any risk of leaving the CO2 on unattended for a week?

If your CO2 set up is ready and raring i.e. you've checked it for leaks and there are none I would set that puppy up on the CO2 and have a nicely carbonated beer when you get back from vacation!

agreed. Though you may be better off letting ti sit at rooms temps if you are keg hopping it as this will facilitate the hop aroma faster. Then chill it when you get back

If your CO2 set up is ready and raring i.e. you've checked it for leaks and there are none I would set that puppy up on the CO2 and have a nicely carbonated beer when you get back from vacation!

I like that you said set that "puppy" up.

Latest posts

Back