Tower shank problems :S

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleFisted

Reaction score
So I drilled a hole in my tower and bought a elbowed tower shank. Apparently I have not installed it correctly because it spews out my liquid. I cannot really tell where it is coming from but I have it hooked up to 30 psi due to it being a soda. my guess is I am not installing it correctly from the elbow, because it does not seem to be coming out of where the hose is connected to the elbow because I have a hose clamp on it. Anybody have any similar issues and answers?

i have had issues with these shanks where the solder joint from the shank to the tailpiece is bad. i just pulled one from my minifridge kegerator and the tailpiece is completely loose! it just pulled right out! so, i would check the solder joint. from pics online from all the venders, they all look to be the same product (like http://www.kromedispense.com/en/krome_bts.htm C331).

i just ordered a couple new ones to replace this bad one and the soldering looks suspect on the replacements as well. i havent decided if im going to install them yet or not!

Back