Totals for the year folks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(in my best Dr. Evil voice....) ONE... MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLION GALLONS!

Um... actually... only about 80-90.... GD F'in AG Rig is going to be the death of me.

'09's gonna be a lot different.

First year of brewing, 95 gallons beer and 5 gallons Afelwein.

Went from soopern00b to AG and kegging. Guess I need to build a good brewstand now.

2007...25G (I didn't start until October)
2008...96G (I hit a bit of a slump throught the summer)
"Built" a brewstand
Got a pair of keggles
Learned a bunch of stuff
Drank a bunch of great beers.

Just started on Dec1, But I've done:

5Gal Porter
5Gal CascadePA
5Gal "Innkeeper" ale off Northern Brewer
5Gal Ed Wort's Apfelwein

20Gal total, and gonna be brewin up another 5 gal once I bottle the session to clear out the primary.

Started in September, but have bottled 10 gallons, and currently fermenting 15. 5 of which I brewed on the 1st
so, 20g for 2008 :D

I am going to guess about 100 gal. for me since march. 20 of which are AG. I am hoping to do at least 200 this year and perhaps start kegging

Well I made a 5 gallon brew almost every weekend over 2008, I may be over limits but I have 5 adults living in my house (3 of which know how to brew)........ So BATF can figure it out for themselves.

2008:
-5 gallons cider from apples in my backyard (in the city!)
-1 gallon white wine from grapes in same yard
-2.5 gallons wine from store bought juice
-3.5 gallons berry port, which hasn't been fortified yet (probably up to ~4 gallons when 190 proof is added)
-3 gallons beer (I just got re-started after initial failed Mr. Beer attempt in 2000)

So far my cider has been so-so...still yeasty, but I think impatience has a lot to do with it. Apparently it needs a lot more time to sit since I started it in October '08. The pomegranate wine that I made from Kroger pomegrate'ish juice tastes awesome so far, which I'm stoked about since I sort-of just whipped up the recipe because I wanted to try something fun. The beer was mostly used as a gift at Christmas, but I have a few bottles left. It is still quite hoppy tasting even though Beersmith says it is 32IBU ...not sure if I believe it...

2009 is off to a great start: 4 gallons of beer in primary by the evening of Jan 2!

I just started brewing this last summer - according to my notebook I made 69 gallons of beer in '08, and 10 gallons of Apfelwein. Made the first batch of '09 beer yesterday :mug:

The law here in Maryland says 100 gallons a year if the household has one adult, 200 gallons a year if there are two or more adults in the household.

That's blatant discrimination against single people! :mad:

I did 30 gallons in the last quarter of 2008, and had just started. That beer is basically all gone, since I gave almost all of it away to family and friends as holiday gifts.

But it just struck me the other day - I'm planning on doing a 5-gallon batch every weekend, but that only allows me to brew for 20 weeks. That's...nothing! I started this hobby not to make beer for myself to drink, but to give as gifts, to contribute to social gatherings. THIS SUCKS!

Do any of you know of specific cases where home brewers have been prosecuted or convicted for exceeding the limit by, say, less than 50%?

I wonder how much chance there could be of getting the 100 gallon limit raised to 200 gallons for single people. There can't be but very few singles who are brewing; just about everyone's got a spouse or significant other adult in their household, so it must be pretty rare.

My brewing blog

But it just struck me the other day - I'm planning on doing a 5-gallon batch every weekend, but that only allows me to brew for 20 weeks. That's...nothing! I started this hobby not to make beer for myself to drink, but to give as gifts, to contribute to social gatherings. THIS SUCKS!

Do any of you know of specific cases where home brewers have been prosecuted or convicted for exceeding the limit by, say, less than 50%?

I wonder how much chance there could be of getting the 100 gallon limit raised to 200 gallons for single people. There can't be but very few singles who are brewing; just about everyone's got a spouse or significant other adult in their household, so it must be pretty rare.

What they don't know...

Homebrewing is straight up illegal in Utah, though that doesn't seem to stop anyone...

I have spoken to my Attorney General and he strongly implied that a homebrewer would never be prosecuted unless he was grossly breaking the law -- like publicly selling his product, etc...

2008 (First Year Brewing)
40 Gallons Beer
10 Gallons Apfelwein
1 Gallon Mead
Spent my 2008 Brew money mostly on setting up AG equipment (25 of my 40 were AG) and getting a 3 tap keezer built and ran 2 kegs of beer and 1 keg of APfelwein ran through it.
This year I only care to spend money on an electric HLT and the rest be ingredients and more kegs :)
And I stepped up to 10G batches.

So far for 2009
1 10 Gallon
1 2 Gallon
Really need to get a feb. brew in. Trying to average 1 10G brew a month.

Back