Totals for the year folks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seabee John

Swing the BIG hammer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well it's that time again.... add em up see how you compared to last year.

Me? here it is:

125 Gallons brewed (beer)

10 gallons fermented (apfelwein)

8oz of hops harvested (1st year)

Switched from 5 gal HeRMS to 10 Gal RiMS

So how'd you do?

2004= don't remember the total, more than 2003 though
2005=50 gallons
2006=0
2007=0
2008 (only Oct-Dec)=21 gallons (3- 5 gallon and 2 3 gallon batches) and 3 gallons of Apfelwein

I had just suddenly lost all desire to brew in the summer of 2005. Sold everything in Sept 2008, then got hit hard with the desire to brew in Oct. Now I'm accumulating everything again and am back! Currently setup to do 3 gallon AG batches.
Got kegging going this year too...WAY more fun than bottling.

I didn't get started until October, so I'm guessing 2009 will produce quite higher volumes, haha.

15 gallons total

5 gallons extra pale ale
3 gallons coffee stout
2 gallons "vanilla latte" stout
5 gallons english strong ale

However, the ESA is still in the primary, and the stout is waiting to carb in the bottle, so I'm not sure if I can even count those yet!

15 gallons. Started in September.

5 gallons Irish red
5 gallons Belgium Christmas Beer
5 gallons Honey Brown Ale.

Hmmm, not sure I'd put more than 2x the legal limit out on a public forum...unless you're a real brewery or brewpub.

I agree with gonefishing....

For you BATF agents who WE KNOW lurk on alcohol producing sites, I stayed within my legal limit of 100 gallons as a homebrewer....

:mug:

I brew with my dad. Two households = 2x the legal limit. We each came within 2.5 gallons of breaking the law :)

2007- 0 gallons :eek:
2008- 145 gallons :rockin:
2009- ???. Although im starting off with a 12 gallon batch on Saturday.:mug:

50 gallons, Started off the year strong, but tappered off badly the second half.........

1971-2007.....0 gallons
2008............50 gallons
2009............????????

Started back in February with my first ever brew after buying a starter kit from NB. Since then, have ditched stovetop boiling and most of the kit and have aquired lots of equipment. Even stopped bottling and have begun kegging. Can't wait to see where 2009 leads.

25 gals beer

3 gals cider

Spent most of the beginning of 08 converting and collecting my equipment to start AG. So I got a bit of a late start.

590 gal. :rockin:

(It helps if your boil kettle can hold 40 gal.)

WOW!! that's awesome...and a lot of beer!!

I did about 60 gallons last year and hope to do more this year...$$$ has been a bit tight, but now I'm going AG it should be a bit more inexpensive...I hope?

WOW!! that's awesome...and a lot of beer!!

I did about 60 gallons last year and hope to do more this year...$$$ has been a bit tight, but now I'm going AG it should be a bit more inexpensive...I hope?

same for me, im startin AG in the new year. Hopefully its cheaper lol

I think I brewed about 180 gallons but I 'spilled' about 300 more. I'll just plead the fifth about where it got spilled...

Only got a 5 gallon batch bottled in 2008 as I didn't have a laundry tub before that.
By the end of this month, I'll have 15 gallons bottled though.

Back