Torpedo Keg Post Size

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j8chou

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I have recently bought an used Torpedo keg 1.5 gal that has pin lock posts on it. Anybody know what size the torpedo keg posts are so I can change them back to ball lock? Thanks!

Last edited:
I don't know the answer, but you might try asking Brewmaster or MoreBeer.

If you can swap your gas in and liquid out posts to the opposite riser, and both will tighten securely, than you have Cornelius-style risers, which use 19/32”-18 tpi threads on both risers.

If your liquid out post will screw on the gas in riser, though rather loosely, and the gas in post won’t start on the liquid out riser, you have Firestone-style risers, which use 9/16”-18 tpi threads on the gas in riser and 5/8”-18 tpi threads on the liquid out riser.

I got a response back from MoreBeer and they have confirmed my tests from @grampamark. The post size are 19/32" - 18 pitch threads on both sides. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Back