Took a chance on cheap CO2 tank....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you don't get it, and $ is an issue

Call your local gas supplier, they usually have a bottle swap program that is reasonable

I already have one 20lb tank I bought from the local PEPSI Co (have a receipt!) so I can trade that one in. I just bought a MIG welder and needed another bottle, but when I called PEPSI, they no longer sell the tank AND she implied they wanted the one they sold me back (shouldn't have given me a receipt!). So I did a google search and found this one. I can get it filled in a neighboring town, so I'll probably use this on for the kegerator and the PEPSI one for the welder. Several other people bought one right after I did, so we will see.

I pulled the trigger too. I was about to buy one from Midwest for $149.00. Fingers crossed! Ill be shocked to receive a tracking number.

Right. This was my thoughts as well, but with the PayPal and eBay guarantees.......and even if I lose $33......there is always that chance that the too good to be true ISNT. I just hope the person get them shipped before the authorities find out he stole them!

Almost too good to be true, but with eBay's money back guarantee there's little risk.

[EDIT] Now I'm thinking ordering one myself...

My 2nd tank needs a hydro test which runs $30, and since it's an unusual 15# size, I can't exchange it anywhere.

Last edited:
I've been through this with Football tickets. Luckily E-Bay canceled the transaction for me.

It's not hard to fake a 100% positive review. A lot of these guys will take over other accounts and use them until they get caught. When they get caught, they just pop up 5 minutes later under a different name.

Seeing that you're paying via PayPal, I don't see how this person is going to be able to scam anyone.

The real scam is when they follow up with an email asking for money to be sent some other way. That's what happened to me with the football tickets.

But - even if it's a scam you shouldn't lose any money, so why not give it a try? It could be coming from a cheap Chinese source.

Last edited:
Yes it was scam:
You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
132402169525 - 20 lb New Aluminum CO2 Tank CGA 320 Valve - Homebrew Beer - Kombucha Ships Free

We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:

Well it was too good to be true!!!!!!

You were recently involved in a transaction for the following item:
132402169525 - 20 lb New Aluminum CO2 Tank CGA 320 Valve - Homebrew Beer - Kombucha Ships Free
We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have accessed the seller’s account to list this item. The item has been removed from the site, and the transaction was cancelled. We ask that you take the following precautions:

- If you already paid for the item, you may be protected by eBay. Open a request with the Resolution Center and choose, "I bought an item. I haven't received it yet." You can access the Resolution Center by visiting:

Dam....Thought I saved $120.00...LOL

I got the same message too. Luckily the money hasn't gone through yet

Trade it for a 10#!

I have no use for a 10#, too small.

I've tried to exchange it for a 20# with extra money on top, but the dealers don't even want it.

I bought it used, in a great package deal, but (mis)advertised as a 20#. Didn't find out it was a 15# until I had it refilled... WTF?? Yup, 15# stamp in it.
The tank certainly is a little narrower than my 20# when you see them together, same height.

Just saw my email too. I already paid, so I went to the resolution center to open a case.....it says "Paypal reports a case should not be opened. If you have already paid, you can try to resolve the issue by contacting the seller". Yeah right! Oh well.....

Last edited:
I had already paid as well but eBay showed the item as unpaid so I called. He said it looks like their system caught it so the funds weren't claimed and suggested contacting PayPal to reclaim the funds if the transaction didn't just disappear in the next couple of days.

When I buy from eBay I always use a credit card as funding source. You do need to specially select that now or it will come straight out of your linked checking account.

I've had one issue where eBay merchandise was never sent (and I wasn't the only one in that case). The eBay process of filing a claim ended up nowhere, basically I was holding the short end, after screwing around with their stupid claims process for 6 weeks or so. Then I realized, it was paid with a CC... One 60 second call fixed it:
The guy at the CC asked: "Is it the PayPal charge you're calling about?"
Me: Yup!
Him: Just a sec... "OK, taken care of, your account has been credited!"
Me: That's it?
Him: Yup, now it's PayPal's problem!
Me: Thank you sooo much!
Him: YVW Sir! Anything else we can do for you?
Me: No, not at the moment. You've already made my day (my month actually).

My Paypal account shows the money was returned.....so it's all good. I was REALLY hoping this would not end the way it did....

They'll just keep posting it. They're persistent. All they need is a few items to slip through unnoticed and they've made their money for the day.

Just think what they could accomplish if they get a real job!

Latest posts

Back