too much for one day.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cclloyd

Reaction score
This past Sunday I bottled 10 gallons and brewed 5. I will not try to cram that much into one day again. Between sanitizing 100 bottles ( I know I know - start kegging!) and all my brew gear and boiling priming sugar and mashing the grains and seeing my Bucs get their a$$es handed to them by the Texans (good grief) and you get the picture. I think from now on I will either brew or bottle on any given day but not both. By the time I was done (noon to 8:00pm) I was half lit and really tired of messing with it. OK - 3/4 lit :cross: .
I found myself thinking that it was more work than fun - we can't have that. It's got to be fun as well as rewarding. Maybe if I didn't consume so many during the process..... nah - that would take quite a bit of the fun out of it.
Anyone else find themselves overdoing just because the time was available, and then thinking after the fact that it wasn't such a good idea?

On the up side I have 10 gallons bottle conditioning that I can break out for New Years!!

I don't think that was too much....one weekend I had SMWBO help for a bit and we bottled 10 gallons, transfered 10 gallons, and brewed 10 gallons....and made apfelwein.

Christmas week will be the same thing, except one more addition....5/6 gallons of wine. Another big brew week after that and feburary will have tons of brew on hand...in addition to what I already have on hand

Lil' Sparky said:
I try to avoid overdoing it when it comes to brewing. It takes the fun out of it.

True - I brewed four batches one day in October. You can start making mistakes if you get tired, lazy or drunk.

I think 2 batches are the limit for me. SWMBO will have a girls weekend and I will brew all day on Saturday. It usually starts with a smacking of a smack-pack or two, then a trip to the LHBS. Once home an early liquid lunch then I work on batch one. Then I take a beer-break until dinner, then start number two. That usually ends around 11PM or midnight.

4 batches seems too much like work, but is better than being at work!!

:mug:

Schlenkerla said:
4 batches seems too much like work, but is better than being at work!!

:mug:

it would be fun to do with a buddy or two maybe I would think....if it were all planned out

Back