too long diacetal rest?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reinstone

Reaction score
Hey. I made two lagers two weeks ago. I pitched a lot of yeast , the pro brewer rate and had good activity at12 hours at 48 degrees. On day 5 I rose the temp to 51. On day 7 I took a gravity reading and was diacetal free. I was about 2 points above fg at this point. Now th e beers have been slowly risen to 60 f over a few days and are sitting at 60f. I still have minimal action in the airlock. Very minimal. Is there any problem leaving the beer a few more days at 60?

I always do a diacetal rest just in case I miss the flavor. I have never had a yeast just hang around like this. The beers also taste fine. Like green lager. Any advice ?

Sounds like success to me. I'd start slowly lowering the beer down to lager temps. Maybe 5F/day until you're at 35 or so.

I just left my dortmunder at about 62 for over a week cause I had no cold space! Just put it back in the fridge and it is super clean and malty. No off flavors after 4+ weeks in the primary. But I'm going to pull it off soon enough in the next two days or so.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back