Too Late for Hops this Season

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjthomas21

Reaction score
So I was wondering if it was too late in the year to start a hop garden. I live in Georgia so the temperature is warm for awhile and the area they'd go would get a lot of sun. Any thing I might be missing?

Also, I'm having a hell of a time trying to find any online store that still has rhizomes in stock. Does anybody know of any website that might still have some rhizomes in stock or know of a way I can find some anywhere?

Thanks!

Great Lake Hops sells fully rooted plants on-line. Better than rhizomes by far and a superior company. Never to late to plant if you're looking to at the very least get a garden established.

If you can find the plants, I'd go ahead and plant them. You'll get a year head start on root development even if you don't get hops this year. Plus, in GA, those hops will probably grow until December before a frost gets them.

Back