Too hot to brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AleJoe

Reaction score
Well summer is about on us here in Texas, hit 90* today. I just bottled a blonde ale and want to start a pale ale but I'm worried that my house will be too warm for it? Due to cost of electricity I keep my a/c set at about 80-82 degrees. Do I have to take the next 4 months off from brewing???? :(

I'm in Texas also (Houston). I am lucky enough not to have to worry about the AC bill. I pay a flat rate for electricity via my home owners association. I have a 1/2 bath downstairs that I put my fermenters in since I can close the door and it gets nice and cold. It stays around 70 in there! I know it sounds kinda gross to have it in the bathroom but its a closed system so why worry!

vaticanvoodoo said:
I know it sounds kinda gross to have it in the bathroom but its a closed system so why worry!

no not really - that's where it's going to end up anyways :p

Too hot to brew? I wish!
I have to keep telling people to shut the back door here my beers trying to ferment.

Roger.

Latest posts

Back