Too early?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turret_plug

Reaction score
My BB IPA extract has flamed out, no bubbling for 3 days, same FG readings. 11 days total, am I good to keg?

My BB IPA extract has flamed out, no bubbling for 3 days, same FG readings. 11 days total, am I good to keg?

Is the FG your target FG from the recipe you used? If it is, or even close to it .002 in either direction, then I say go ahead and rack into your keg. Don't forget to sanitize the keg and anything used during racking. I typically will hook up my CO2 tank and get set desired pressure. Take a quick taste to make sure nothing is clogged, and let is sit for a week or two. That is the hardest part for me!

Good luck, Cheers.

-Murph

If the FGs are constant then the yeast have done their thing. I would let it sit just to condition for a bit and allow things to settle to the bottom.

You said its an IPA. are you going to dry hop? 11 days is plenty to finish fermentation. i would dry hop and leave it a few more days then cold crash and keg it.

i got an IPA fermenting right now at day 6. going to dry hop it in a couple days and prob keg 5 days after that.

Back