Too Cold for Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewinmama

Reaction score
My first batch is now in the bottles waiting to mature. I have them in a cardboard box in the garage. Of course, we got a crazy cold snap and I doubt it's warmer than 55 degrees in there. Should I move them inside (where it's probably 65)? Will they take longer to reach peak taste and have good carbonation since it's so cold? It's an amber ale if that makes any difference. Thanks.

Definitely move them inside. Get them closer to 70F if you can. They may not carb at all at temperatures that low. you may even need to roll them around a little to get the yeast going again. Keep them at 70F for 3 weeks and you should be good to go!

Definitely move them inside. Get them closer to 70F if you can. They may not carb at all at temperatures that low. you may even need to roll them around a little to get the yeast going again. Keep them at 70F for 3 weeks and you should be good to go!

+1
Get them inside. And while you are waiting your 3 weeks to sample one, brew a few more batches. Can never have enuff!!:mug:

Latest posts

Back