Tom Hargrave and Kegkits.com (www.ic3.gov)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pissed not because you failed. I'm pissed because in doing so, kegkits kept taking orders you had no intention of filling, for months (if not years), and here you are trying to "participate" with your former victims acting like it was all just your bad luck. If there's one thing I will not tolerate, it is dishonesty. Your attitude is disgusting.

I finally decided to finish off my keezer conversion. All I needed was a tap tower. After searching the net, I decided to go with a 5-tap stainless steel tower, sold by kegkits.com(hindsight). Even with a perlick faucet upgrade, it was the cheapest around. I placed my order on 9/13. According to the site, the tap tower should have shipped within 2 weeks.

On 9/24, I email for an update. I got a response the next day: their items are built to order, but the shipment will be ready by the end of next week (10/5). This puts us at a little over 3 weeks total for the item to ship. Not ideal, and not as promised, but also not terrible.

10/10, I check the website, still no update. I send an email.
Tom Hargrave [TH]: "No, we had sheet metal fit issues and the manufacturer is reshipping 10 tower shells to us this week."

We're coming up on 4 weeks, and every time I ask for an update, the date gets padded. I decide to poke around and see if the dude has any history of doing this, and boom: Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com.

Now I'm panicked, so I send an email requesting a cancellation.
TH on 10/10: "I will cancel your order when I'm at the shop this evening or tomorrow - when I cancel 100% of your money will be refunded through PayPal."

I've used Paypal before, and I've been on both sides of a refund: this process takes 5 minutes, tops. I ask him to please have it done the same day.
TH: "I have already committed to cancelling your order - if the replacement tower shells were in I would have offered a ship date instead. You always have the option to use PayPal's dispute process but if you do, nothing changes except I will be less motivated to process your refund promptly. This is because I already committed to refunding your order."

Fine, I let it go. Predictably, his deadline comes and goes with no refund being processed (In the meantime, I've ordered the same item from Keg Connection, for about $50 more. This item ships the same day I order it - imagine that).

So this morning(10/12) I email him: "The order has still not been cancelled. This process should take no longer than 5 minutes. Please have it done today".

TH: "This business is cash flow driven and as soon as there is enough money in the PayPal account I'll refund your order. Sales have been slow the last three days. As soon as we receive enough cash in, sometime this weekend, I will cancel and refund your order."

Me: "Unacceptable. You've had my money tied up for over a month now, money that should not have even been transferred until the item was ready to ship. I did not sign up to be an investor in your business. You have until the end of today."

TH: "If you can't wait then you can file a claim with PayPal. Their process will take about 30 days to complete. I have been honest with you and will refund your money and because we tried to work this out, If you file a claim I will be motivated to pay other bills first."

This is where I enter rage mode:
"You have not been honest with me during any step of this process.

1- Your website claims the tower would ship within 2 weeks. That was a lie.

2- After asking you for an update, you said the item would ship by the end of last week. Also a lie.

3- This week, I had to get in touch with you to find out that my order would not be shipping in time. I asked for a cancellation, which you granted. According to you, the return would have been processed by last night, at the latest. That was also a lie.

I would like my money returned immediately. There was no transfer of goods or services, and you have no right to continue to hold onto it."

This dude is a scumbag. He openly admits to abusing Paypal's dispute system, using my money to fund his business when there has been no item transferred between us, and then has the audacity to claim to have been dealing honestly from the beginning. I believe he has no intention of returning my money, and yes, I have filed a dispute with Paypal. At this rate, I'm expecting my replacement tower(which will arrive on Monday) to be in my hands before I see a dime of money I send to Tom Hargrave/Kegkits.com for a part which should have arrived over two weeks ago.

Do your business elsewhere. I wish I had done my research at the beginning and saved myself the headache.

Thanks for the review. Unfortunately, there are a number of similar reviews for this outfit in the Company Reviews subforum https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f173/ I've merged your review into the thread in the reviews section so that others who are looking for reviews for Kegkits will find it and be informed by your experience.

Sorry for your misfortune.

WOW! Just red though all the post about keg kits business in the past and I am surprised anyone would do business with him. Scary reading!

Also after reading all the post I see that you were denied being a vendor! Too funny!

And he still is up to same ole crap here is the latest filings with BBB....

http://www.bbb.org/northern-alabama...e-sales-in-huntsville-al-900050886/complaints

Go back and look at the dates on the complaints. Everything stays on BBB for 3 years and all but 2 complaints are almost 3 years old! Tom from 'kegkits'.

Just pointing out that same old same old and hopefully people read the threads before they make the mistake and order from you!! When you read the "two" you see that they are in the last three months and you screwed customers once more!!

I'm guessing there are a lot more that didn't bother to report to BBB.........

BeerguyNC61, have you personally dealt with the company? We try to avoid hearsay in the Reviews section. I'm not taking sides, but it's not fair for those without firsthand knowledge to pile on.

Yea I was one of the unlucky dozens back in 2009 when he was screwing people right and left...... Just kind of pissed to see he is allowed on here after all the screwing over of HBT members.
But thanks for checking.

I don't know how he still has a business license. Or does he? He screwed me over two years ago.

I was so happy when I saw this thread. When he stole my money I warned people in the Mr.Beer page to stay away from him and was met with hostility about defamation. Couldn't believe it. I told my whole story to those guys and they couldn't believe I would "bad mouth" a small business online. Didn't take me long to leave that online forum. I was so pissed off at the time I wanted to fly across the country and physically take my money back from him. I'm glad to see people are aware of the kind of person Tom Hargrove is.

So, I know there has been lots of complaints about Tom Hargrave and kegkits.com.

I have ordered several times from them over the last 3 years. I have been satisfied with the product - especially their custom made items, their prices, and...dare I say it, I don't recall shipping taking abnormally long, and I even have a few emails archived where Tom responded in good time. In light of this, I decided to order from them again now that I am making a new kegerator.

I ordered $260ish worth of merchandice on October 22. I have sent emails twice a week, and tried to call every night to find out what is going on. I have not even gotten the acknowledgement that my emails were read.

This is how I get treated after loyal patronage. So, I just started a fraud claim with my credit card company. Unbelievable. He does, however, have the time to send me their newsletter every few weeks.

Unbelievable?........Nope, very believable. Sorry, but this guy is a..... I'll just keep it PG and say bad person to deal with.

I recently saw a post here that said he was selling electric breeding controllers. I'd love to see the UL testing report for those products... buyer beware and check your home owners insurance policy.

Woke up this morning, had my stoudt with breakfast, and tried to daydream an idea that would piss tom off soooooo much that he would have to acknowledge me.

Conclusion - I want to be acknowledged. My veterans credit union (credit card company) will take care of the $$ damages, and I can buy the stuff i need elsewhere. I want acknowledged for passing him the courtesy of my patronage, even after others were complaining.

Tom, if you have the time to send me newsletters, you should have the time to acknowledge that I exist.

Kegkits is no longer on HBT. The reviews here are self-explanatory, too. Everyone who was taken advantage of has my condolences. Lets keep the company review threads to new reviews. If you have a new experience to review, please feel free to post.

Back