Todays adventure in homebrewing - reaheat already cooled wort?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a_gunslinger

Reaction score
Miscalculated volumes and my final OG was 1.045 - aiming for 1.055, six gallons instead of 5.25. Very distracted by a family matter I forgot to check post boil gravity but after cooling to 85 degrees I finally remmebered to check it. Too low. Limited on time and didnt quite know all the caluculation for dilution, my solution was:
  1. Bring her back to a boil after having been cooledand boil off some volume, and
  2. added 1/2# DME (thats all I had on hand)
Possible scenerios?

All well, could be awesome.
Increased carmelization with a longer boil now (missing style but possibly still good)
Original end of boil hops rendered useless
Possible infection although boiling again.
All of the above.

Should be interesting. Brew and learn. :rolleyes:

Just saw this today......too late to say "I'll bet it'll be completely fine". ;) Mostly I wanted to respond to say I love the pic. The Gunslinger series is an absolute favorite. Have a 'Gunslinger Cranberry Graf' inspired by book3. :mug:

Just saw this today......too late to say "I'll bet it'll be completely fine". ;) Mostly I wanted to respond to say I love the pic. The Gunslinger series is an absolute favorite. Have a 'Gunslinger Cranberry Graf' inspired by book3. :mug:

Mine also. Ive been a Gunslinger or some version of it in gaming names, nicknames, avatars, etc for like 30 yrs. All from my love of that book. Mmmmm Graf.....

Back