Tobacco seeds

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aman240

Reaction score
Hey there I wanted to grow my own tobacco plant and I was wondering where I could buy the seeds (living in canada). Thanks for you're help! Also any advice in the topic is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

What part of Canada are you in? I know there are several tobacco fields in the sarnia, ontario area. if close one of those farmers could probably help you.

I do know that the seeds are tiny and hard to get started. I believe most farms start from a small plant.

What part of Canada are you in? I know there are several tobacco fields in the sarnia, ontario area. if close one of those farmers could probably help you.

I do know that the seeds are tiny and hard to get started. I believe most farms start from a small plant.

You're right about them being small but I have never had a problem getting the seeds to germinate, just the opposite. Seems like I get 2x the number of plants per seeds planted. I start them in those small seed starter kits (or similar) and use tweasers to pluck out all but the strongest plants, plucking only a couple at a time until I have just one plant per pot.

I don't grow it anymore, it was for fun but it grew very well. If I smoked I would probably grow it. I did roll a few cigars and did get a mellowing feel from it.

OP: You should be able to find an online source if you search "tobacco seed".

I grow one in the dining room. Strictly for decoration as it is a beautiful plant.

tobacco.jpg

I ended up buying a few seeds from amazon since their shipping cost was not as much! They didn't have as much of a variety as other sites but I'm just glad that getting these seeds were easier than I first though! And thanks for everyone's advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back