Strains of Tobacco, any home tobacco farmers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bracconiere

Jolly Alcoholic - In Remembrance 2023
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
so i'm starting my tobacco for this year, i'm using one of the coke bottle watering things, so i don't forget...

these are the lineage of kentucky burley seeds i bought back in 2002, never have to buy seeds, because they a ton of them everytime i get them growing...

Good luck with your crop. I grew up in Douglas Ga and it was one of the largest tobacco market/auction in the state until the late 80's or early 90's. During harvest season the whole town smelled like a pack of cigarettes.
s-l400.jpg

Not any help either but I remember visiting one of my uncles who lived in NJ and the drive down took us through the tobacco farms along the fertile fields within the Connecticut River drainage and seeing dozens of humongous curing sheds along the way. They specialized in broadleaf tobacco used for binders and wrappers in cigars which unlike filler had to be pretty near perfect looking and free of worm holes.

Apparently there's still some boutique growing in CT though the heydays are just a memory...

Cheers!

Back