To soon?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonbenderr

Reaction score
Is it bad to drink a beer only a day after bottling?

Just wondering, because I am.

It's wonderful.

I really enjoyed it out of the sample beeker as well.

:rockin:

If I can drink it a day before bottling, I don't see why you can't drink it a day after.

An experienced brewer pointed out that, when they're carbonated an conditioned, they're really really good. Every beer you have before they're ready is one fewer perfectly conditioned beer at the end.

So, yes, it's too soon, but as a new brewer, I did the exact same thing. More than once. :mug:

Made some apfelwein that finished fermenting in a few days and had a glass last night right out of the fermenter. It was powerful stuff. Gonna let it age and mellow a bit!

I usually drink a bottle way too soon but I have a long pipeline and let the rest of the batch have all the time it needs before I get back into it.

Is it bad to drink a beer only a day after bottling?

Just wondering, because I am.

It's wonderful.

I really enjoyed it out of the sample beeker as well.

:rockin:

Well I've heard that it's good to try your beers after different amounts of time and see how it evolves, so it would be interesting to try it and see what those 'green apple' flavours everyone keeps talking about and then one next week as well. Other than that you should generally let it carbonate/age for 2-3 weeks before consuming.

How did it taste? Any unexpected flavours?

As far as off flavors, I didn't detect anything that seemed to out of the ordinary.

It's a double IPA. Had a couple other commercial IPAs before I cracked one open, and I could sense that with some time, it should fall pretty well in line.

Yeah, this is my first batch, so there's no pipeline yet. A big reason I dipped in so early. Had to enjoy the fruits of my labor.

Back