Tips for new Nitro Setup...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daves69

All Grain No Brain!
Reaction score
Any tips for setting up a new nitro tap? I have a genuine Guinness Tap (brand new), a shiny new No2 regulator and a full 20cuft tank with beer gas mix I think that's %25 No2 and %75 Co2?

I know when I set up my Co2 I had to adjust the line length etc.. Anything like that for No2? I also read the pressures are much higher? Whats a good starting point? I have a Left Hand Milk Stout Clone that's cold crashing right now that I plan on transferring into a keg maybe tonight and that's going to be my first draw of beer.

Thanks ahead of time!

Any tips for setting up a new nitro tap? I have a genuine Guinness Tap (brand new), a shiny new No2 regulator and a full 20cuft tank with beer gas mix I think that's %25 No2 and %75 Co2?

I know when I set up my Co2 I had to adjust the line length etc.. Anything like that for No2? I also read the pressures are much higher? Whats a good starting point? I have a Left Hand Milk Stout Clone that's cold crashing right now that I plan on transferring into a keg maybe tonight and that's going to be my first draw of beer.

Thanks ahead of time!

N2 Not NO2. (Nitrogen not Nitrous Oxide)

In terms of Line length I would stick to the 10' in case you want a regular beer to use the same tap (take out the jet disc in the spout and hook up to CO2). If the tap is stout exclusive you don't have to worry about the length really it is the point of the tap to foam it all out. Typical serving pressure is 30psig.

N2 Not NO2. (Nitrogen not Nitrous Oxide)

In terms of Line length I would stick to the 10' in case you want a regular beer to use the same tap (take out the jet disc in the spout and hook up to CO2). If the tap is stout exclusive you don't have to worry about the length really it is the point of the tap to foam it all out. Typical serving pressure is 30psig.

LOL Good call on keeping the beer lines at the current length for my other taps. It is exclusively a stout tap since its a actual Guinness tap.

Also I am %100 sure it's not Nitrous Oxide as I used to be very familiar with that in my race cars, that is N2O. It however might be N2+Co2 and on the label they just print N02 since its a blend? Either way it's beer gas not pure Nitrogen or CO2 :ban:

If you do find a way to carb beer with nitrous oxide, can I please get a pint or two? :drunk:

Back