*tiny* Gas post Leak after O-ring Replacement

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ubermench

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just finished my yearly(-ish) teardown and deep cleaning of my corny kegs, and ran into a small issue.

For one keg (which is in otherwise great condition), I've got a super tiny "leak" on the gas post. All o-rings have been replaced, and I lightly lubed up each o-ring on the gas side as I rebuilt the post.

The keg is holding pressure without any problem, but I've noticed that as soon as I remove the disconnect from my CO2 tank, there is a super tiny leak from the poppet surface on the gas post. This lasts for ~2 seconds, and stops as soon as my finger touches it. It doesn't appear to be a problem, but just more of a small frustration after an afternoon of work :)

Any thoughts / suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

The poppet may not have reseated perfectly. Take the post off, make sure the feet aren't bent up, and try again. Might just have cranked down a look crooked.

Personally I'm about f'in fed up with corny kegs. Seems like i've always got a leak somewhere. If its not the keg itself, its a disconnect, or a hose, or an o-ring.

I now have 18 cornies, but there's always room for more if someone's tossing theirs out...

Cheers! (I love 'em. Best thing since sliced beer! :D)

Jeeze, they look freshly minted compared to my old timers.
Were they bought new - and have some problems?
I recall the early AEB kegs had post issues...

Cheers!

9/12 are used. 3 are new AEB. Razor blades, goo gone, and bar keepers friend make them look shiny brand new. Shocking transformation actually.

I've got spares for about everything. Most issues I've had are poppets and lids not seating well. The AEBs have been perfect except one came with a bad weld (i still need to return).

Back