Tiny bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

breweringbeaz

Reaction score
I racked a Sasion to a secondary on Wednesday-- since then I have been getting a steady supply of tiny bubbles coming to the surface. There is minimum airlock activity. I have never had this occur before. Is this just ongoing fermentation or an Infection? Guidance would be great. It was in the primary for 3 weeks and the gravity was 1.002

More then likely it wasn't quit done fermenting. Let it go and when the activity stops check the FG till it steadies.

Ok is this normal -- I was thinking fermentation as well. On Wednesday there appeared to be yeast rafts on the top. These have fallen and all that is left are the bubbles. Should I be concerned with a pellicle? Pics are included
The first pic is from Wednesday the second pic is from tonight

image-1223753866.jpg

image-2955640035.jpg

It's fine. Just yeast rafts & left over krausen. It sinks to the bottom,so no worries. Def not an infection. & all the tiny bubbles were dissolved co2 coming out of solution from racking.

unionrdr said:
It's fine. Just yeast rafts & left over krausen. It sinks to the bottom,so no worries. Def not an infection. & all the tiny bubbles were dissolved co2 coming out of solution from racking.

Thanks dude -- I was getting worried never had this happen before. What causes this did I rack too early and how long will this last? It's been going on for 3 days looks like foaming bubbles around the sides. Is there something that I need to adjust in my operation to avoid in the future?

I get those on almost all of my beers when they go into secondary. Not to worry. Let it spend 10 to 14 days in there and then bottle that puppy!

In honor of your title...

[ame="http://youtu.be/egIy4nq6gYQ"]http://youtu.be/egIy4nq6gYQ[/ame]

lolz brewin...That song started runnin through my mind when I clicked on this thread again. :rockin: Mom used to like him & Herb Alpert. Like minds I guess,huh?!

Lol thanks guys for the song.. Just to be straight your bubbles kinda look like star San foam correct?

Latest posts

Back