Timing is Everything

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_goodwrench

Reaction score
So, after plenty of soul-searching and deep thought, we have decided to take the plunge and leave New York State for warmer and less costly stomping grounds. Atlanta has been selected as our new home and a new place of employment has been lined up. The next thing to do is to sell my house. We are planning on making our move right after school lets out, which here is the end of June.

After spending the last 2 weeks busting hump getting the house ready, we got the listing up late Thursday night. Yesterday, we had 5 showings and the agent for the first showing called my father (who also happens to be my agent) to tell him she was going to be writing an offer! Apparently the buyer's sister just bought the house 2 doors down and was ecstatic that ours was up for sale. Well, the contract came over today and it was for full asking price. Needless to say, we signed it and now have the red tape to get through. But I can tell you that it takes a HUGE load off my mind!

The funny thing is, that the sign hasn't even gone up yet!

It occurred to me that I forgot the timing part...

Due to the end of the first time homebuyer credit, people need to have a contract signed by the end of this month in order to close by the end of June. That also happens to be the time when we need to move. Of course, this was a bit quicker than I had thought it might be!

Ha! I hadn't even thought about that!

Thanks, we are pretty excited. We are really looking forward to the warmer weather... in fact SWMBO even has weather bug alerts for Atlanta on her Droid! I have been working on a lot of Vettes in the past few years and the dealership I am going to is a Callaway dealer and has quite a large Corvette allocation. Plus my daughter will be able to play soccer outside for a much longer time than here in the snow belt.

Back