time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its a 100% adjunct brew with very very low alcohol

ForumRunner_20120131_001917.jpg

Ill give it to maxam.

Its a jalapeno pilsner from twisted x brewery in austin texas.

Sorry guys. I am taking a few weeks gluten free to see if I am afflicted. I am trying not to get on the forums so often so I don't get too disappointed that I can't have beer. Honestly wasn't trying to win and ditch again...

maxam said:
Sorry guys. I am taking a few weeks gluten free to see if I am afflicted. I am trying not to get on the forums so often so I don't get too disappointed that I can't have beer. Honestly wasn't trying to win and ditch again...

Sure thing emjay ;)

maxam said:

I did that. Didn't help. Then I did ALCAT testing and found out I'm intolerant to a HUGE list of foods. Thankfully beer is not on that list. Since I cut those foods out my migraines have gone almost completely away, and my fibromyalgia is 100x better. If you don't get answers from your gluten abstinence, consider that test... Expensive but totally worth it since I feel better.

You can still try a few of the Gluten-Free kits from More Beer, or the new GF beer by Dogfish Head, or any of the beers from Brasseurs Sans Gluten. :ban:

I did that. Didn't help. Then I did ALCAT testing and found out I'm intolerant to a HUGE list of foods. Thankfully beer is not on that list. Since I cut those foods out my migraines have gone almost completely away, and my fibromyalgia is 100x better. If you don't get answers from your gluten abstinence, consider that test... Expensive but totally worth it since I feel better.

You can still try a few of the Gluten-Free kits from More Beer, or the new GF beer by Dogfish Head, or any of the beers from Brasseurs Sans Gluten. :ban:

Thanks for the info guys! Once I can figure out if gluten is/isn't causing anything I will check out gluten free brewing and/or other tests.

I've been going for about a week and a half. The first 3 or 4 days I was inadvertently eating gluten. Then I went for 3 days before I cheated. Then another 5 days and cheated again. Its hard when you're not at home to keep gluten free. Its also hard when you just kegged 5 gallons and it carbed up the day before my doctor had me try it. So far I haven't experienced much change.

Its not beer...

The 'wort' is created from the dry adjunct (not a grain) and water, this is brought to a boil and the product is finished (no fermentation)

Its fairly common around the world

Yeeaah I think I'll get it moving. Sorry Cascadigan maybe you can just tell us what it is.
This is an actual brew. I illuminated it so it didn't look black. This is a very old style.

image-787355053.jpg

Latest posts

Back