time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no and no. this is much lighter in color than both of those.
Props on the Ruski Noir though! i live around the corner from beach city brewery.

My picture must have terrible lighting so i'll go with another hint:
This was aged in Cabernet Sauvignon barrels

This is one of my favorites, even though it was a one time offering. It won Gold in 2010.

Guess1.JPG

I don't have something to post, so whoever guesses the style from the following clue will be up.

I'm thinking of a style of beer that is commonly known by 3 different names. Two of these names are silly. What is the style (you can use one of the silly names and still get credit)

This one has me stumped
Schwarzbier is definitely a silly name to me.

Nope.

Hint: The other silly name is silly because it's politically loaded.

Comment: By using "silly", I don't mean comical. I'm trying to refrain from using insulting words, so I use "silly" in place of something like "eyeroll-inducing" or "lame".

Sorry, I really thought this would be super quick. Didn't mean to draw it out or make a statement or anything like that. I'll just start throwing out hints.

Hint: There is a hop that shares the root of its name with the root of one of the names that I have claimed is "silly."

Comment: I'm not trying to comment that anything is empirically lame. I hope I'm not offending anyone. I just wanted to do a fun riddle in the spirit of the game without having a beer pic to post.

Latest posts

Back