Time to Bottle???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarwoodBrewer

Reaction score
It's only been one week in the fermenter, but the airlock stopped. I know that is not a way to measure when a brew is done, so I took a reading. It is sitting at 1.012 with a OG of 1.030. What should I do? It is a cooper's mexican beer kit.

measure over the next few days if you get to day 3 and still hitting 1.012 your fermentations most likely done. you dont have to rush if you leave it a bit past that the yeastie boyz will get to clean up.
and remember rdwhahb

I really want to leave it at least another week, I wanted to make sure. I just read another post similar to mine. Bottomline....let it sit longer.

let it sit in the primary for a few more weeks to clear and let the yeast clean up their mess. The coopers kits I have tried need a long time to age out to the point of drinkable. One about 5 months :( as a matter of fact I am drinking a glass of it right now.

You could give it a little bit of non-splashing stirring. Also, if you have it at too low temperature, that might be slowing down the fermentation a bit.

Just spitballing here. :)

Latest posts

Back