TiltBridge - Tilt-to-WiFi Device for Tilt Hydrometer

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

newtonr

Reaction score
Hi, I see there has been work on getting the M5Stick-C supported, I went and took the branch and got the display working for me:

ricnewton/tiltbridge

It's a very basic lash up for now, but seems to work (after fighting the build, looks like the arduino core for the ESP32 has been recently updated on github).

Last edited:

mik3y

Reaction score
Rad!! And just in time for the weekend, to distract me from actually brewing :) .. I'll give this a try.

If you PR this to @LBussy, I can chime in with my own test results on the thread.

newtonr

Reaction score
Rad!! And just in time for the weekend, to distract me from actually brewing :) .. I'll give this a try.

If you PR this to @LBussy, I can chime in with my own test results on the thread.
Can do. Was going to have a quick play with fonts first, and there is enough room for the left text if we want as well, though it's just the text of the colour so meh.

newtonr

Reaction score
Pinning to a non-release is fraught with danger, but we'll see.
Yeah, I would assume all the libraries will update to support the changes eventually and we can switch off, it was just a hack to get building again for now.

H0phead

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a nit that's been bugging me for a long time, but wasn't motivated enough to look into a solution until now. I'm running an Orange Tilt->Tilt Repeater->TiltBridge->Google Sheets. As you can see in the screenshot, my date/time is always off by about a day and a half (In the past). Is this something that can be modified in the google sheet or Tiltbridge Template script? I looked on my tiltbridge web server, but didn't see any time zone/time settings (see below). I also validated my Google Sheet is set to the correct time zone (see below). I looked through the Tiltbridge template script and saw a few references to date or time, but wasn't sure how to change it without breaking everything (see below).

Any input is greatly appreciated :D

1618423533263.png

^^screenshot from current fermentation^^

}
function timepoint(why){
var ogdate = new Date('January 1, 1900');
return (why.getTime() - ogdate.getTime()) / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24);
}

// Let's explicitly set Timepoint, even if it was provided.
// if (!form_data.Timepoint) {
form_data.Timepoint = timepoint(new Date());
//

for (i in headers){
if (headers == "Timestamp"){ // special case if you include a 'Timestamp' column
row.push(new Date());

^^references in script to time/date^^

1618422788244.png

^^screenshot from my master Google Sheet showing Time Zone setting^^
1618423430861.png

^^screenshot from TiltBridge Web App...no time/date settings that I could find^^

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a nit that's been bugging me for a long time, but wasn't motivated enough to look into a solution until now. I'm running an Orange Tilt->Tilt Repeater->TiltBridge->Google Sheets. As you can see in the screenshot, my date/time is always off by about a day and a half (In the past). Is this something that can be modified in the google sheet or Tiltbridge Template script? I looked on my tiltbridge web server, but didn't see any time zone/time settings (see below). I also validated my Google Sheet is set to the correct time zone (see below). I looked through the Tiltbridge template script and saw a few references to date or time, but wasn't sure how to change it without breaking everything (see below).

Any input is greatly appreciated :D

View attachment 725746
^^screenshot from current fermentation^^

}
function timepoint(why){
var ogdate = new Date('January 1, 1900');
return (why.getTime() - ogdate.getTime()) / (1000 * 60 * 60 * 24);
}

// Let's explicitly set Timepoint, even if it was provided.
// if (!form_data.Timepoint) {
form_data.Timepoint = timepoint(new Date());
//

for (i in headers){
if (headers == "Timestamp"){ // special case if you include a 'Timestamp' column
row.push(new Date());

^^references in script to time/date^^

View attachment 725744
^^screenshot from my master Google Sheet showing Time Zone setting^^
View attachment 725745
^^screenshot from TiltBridge Web App...no time/date settings that I could find^^

Which version of TiltBridge are you running (may be visible on the "About" page) and how long ago did you first set up Google Sheets?

H0phead

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure which version of TiltBridge I'm running...it was flashed probably a year+ ago with BrewFlasher if that gives you any indication.
1618500060566.png

^^screenshot of "About" Page in TiltBridge Web Application"

I recreated my Google Sheets probably 8-10 months ago.

LBussy

A Cunning Linguist
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure which version of TiltBridge I'm running...it was flashed probably a year+ ago with BrewFlasher if that gives you any indication.
View attachment 725856

Definitely please update to the latest in BrewFlasher. It has a timezone offset setting. I believe the sheets have been updated as well.

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 725856

Timezone handling has been updated, but you'll have to update your TiltBridge firmware, and redeploy the google sheets master app to take advantage. I'd recommend upgrading whenever you have a chance!

TenaCJed

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I recommend this one, available on Amazon. There are others on Aliexpress to save a couple of bucks but I've not directly tried these.

These are smaller screens, true, but they are performing much better in testing right now. Unless you are looking for the larger form factor, these may be the best bet.

That said, in theory, any 320 x 240 ILI9341 TFT should work if you really want the real estate.

ETA: If you get the recommended one there, be aware it is USB-C. You will need an appropriate data cable to get it flashed.
Lee,
I have my first Tilt coming and I went with the ICQUANZX T-Display ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module Development Board for 1.14 Inch LCD that you linked to previously. I was also looking at the case that you linked to, but I do not have a 3D printer. I did try a local company that allows you to upload the project files, but it showed the button as 5" and cost over $100 just for the button!

I was wondering if you could recommend a place to get the case printed? Either the files I downloaded were corrupt, or the place I was using did not view the files properly! I really like the look of that case and would like to use it! Can it be used without the button? If so then the company I was looking at using was around $25 for the top and bottom.

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Lee,
I have my first Tilt coming and I went with the ICQUANZX T-Display ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module Development Board for 1.14 Inch LCD that you linked to previously. I was also looking at the case that you linked to, but I do not have a 3D printer. I did try a local company that allows you to upload the project files, but it showed the button as 5" and cost over $100 just for the button!

I was wondering if you could recommend a place to get the case printed? Either the files I downloaded were corrupt, or the place I was using did not view the files properly! I really like the look of that case and would like to use it! Can it be used without the button? If so then the company I was looking at using was around $25 for the top and bottom.
Jesus Christ that’s expensive.

I have cases listed on the Fermentrack Tindie page for that reason, but I’m not going to be able to print anything until mid-June, unfortunately.

For what it’s worth, the case is completely optional. The buttons make life easier, but they’re optional too. You’re pumping 5VDC to these things - not exactly high voltage.

Last edited:

TenaCJed

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a brew day in yesterday, and the ICQUANZX T-Display ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module Development Board for 1.14 Inch LCD was delivered as well! Could not flash right away due to driver issue with Win10, came across a Microsoft page for drivers - I used the Silicon Laboratories Inc. - Ports - 10.1.8.2466 driver will success. Ran the flash at that point and was up an running! I had configured quickly to use Brewers Friend for logging. I would say about 20 minutes to get all that done, with 10 of that looking for drivers.

Now what I did get hung up on was configuring Brewers Friend. I initially had just added my color Tilt, but noticed this morning nothing was logged. I removed and re-added and still nothing. I finally realized I needed to add the Stream and not the device, now it is working great!

Thought I would post up the help with drivers for anyone else that gets that model and has issues with drivers on Win10, hopefully save some time for someone else!

mik3y

Reaction score
PSA: If you use Taplist.io, we recently landed direct support for Taplist.io in the dev branch! I'm looking for a couple additional testers to help make sure it's bulletproof. Drop me a line and I can provide both a firmware and the Taplist.io-side instructions (which are pretty minimal). Cheers!

germanywx

Reaction score
Hi there. I have this board and have the latest tiltbridge (as far as I know) installed on it.

It’s taking readings and transmitting just fine. However, the screen has been black since I flashed it.

How can I get the screen to display gravity, temp, etc?

OP
T

Thorrak

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi there. I have this board and have the latest tiltbridge (as far as I know) installed on it.

It’s taking readings and transmitting just fine. However, the screen has been black since I flashed it.

How can I get the screen to display gravity, temp, etc?
Can you double check your link (or post a photo of your specific board)? I’m getting an error when I try to access it.

germanywx

Reaction score
Sorry about that. It’s a:

TTGO T-Display ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module Development Board for Arduino 1.14 Inch LCD esp32 Control Board(16MB)