Tight Scew on regulator!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattMann

Reaction score
Sorry I have not been on here in a while, moving back in with the inlaws put a stop to my homebrewing. But I can't take it any more, so I started getting things back together, when I realized the screw on the regulator would not screw in and out. I bought it from Austin Homebrew about a year ago, and really have not used it in about 6 months. It does not look like it is cross threaded or anything, so I don't know what happened. No rust either. I don't have time to crop the picture, so I just put it on my website, and here's the link MattCraft.info it's a little big but maybe someone might be able to help me out. Thanx.

I did talk to Austin Homebrew, and they have the regulator rebuild kit, but no cap or screw. And it's not on there website, you have to call and ask for it.

--matt--

PB buster to loosen it, and then clean/sanatize it quick before re-assembly?

Silicone grease (keg lube) works well. It's inert, odorless and insoluble. Pretty much any lube is OK as this screw does not make contact with the CO2 at any time. It only pushes in on the diaphram externally. The screw is binding for some reason. If lube doesn't fix it, you might try getting a different screw. Get a thumb screw if you can find one. This eliminates the need for a screw driver for adjustments. I don't know why these regulators don't come equipped with a thumb screw from the factory.

Back