three ball valve replacement in kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sebbb

Reaction score
Hi guys,

As you can see in the picture I've got a 30L beer kettle that has a weird valve which can't be directly connected to a pvc tube yet it can be removed. So far I've been using an adapter although being very sketchy as it did not stuck perfectly, hence enhancing the possibilities for infection after the boil.

I'd, therefore, like to replace it with a three pieces ball valve as I've seen in some diy youtube videos.

However, I'm not too sure what size I should buy it as well as the exact pieces it requires. Also if anyone could suggest me a website where to buy it I'd be very grateful (I live in the UK).

Help!

o8X4K

o8X4K

Hey, sorry but I can't find the valve in any section of the website.

Also, as I said I'm from London, England thus I'd be very grateful if you could point me out a British website rather than American.

Cheers

It would be best to remove the valve and measure the diameter of the hole, this will tell you what size fittings you will be able to use or whether you need to enlarge the whole.

So I've removed the valve and this is a picture of what it looks like

ikG8mQ

It's 2.5cm the largest diameter and 2cm the shortest.

I guess I should try to enlarge the hole into a perfect circle of 2.5cm diameter.

Do you reckon that something like this could be useful? (2,5cm = 0,984 inches).

Thanks in advance

Seb

PS I'm not sure if the website is actually charging the picture, what I mean is that the hole is a circle with two sides chopped (like a rectangular with two curved opposite sides if this makes sense).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back