Thought you guys might be interested in this

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome! Do you have any idea if the general public can purchase these and if so, for how much? This could lead to some fun experiments.

Yeah, you can purchase yeast from this yeast bank but you're running into two problems. First, they're located in England. I don't know about you, but I stress if I'm getting my yeast delivered via mail, especially on such a long trip as that one. Second, they're expensive. You're looking at anywhere from 52-100 Euro for dried cultures and 82-120 Euro for liquid cultures.

It's a cool list of pretty much every yeast strain known to man, but is probably way out of our price range as homebrewers. If you find a yeast that you like from them, you could always make slants and keep a "master culture" but I say just stick with Wyeast or White Labs. They have popular, proven yeast and are American companys. Just my two cents.

Latest posts

Back