Those with nitro tap setups

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using a 40 cubic foot mixed gas cylinder with the stout faucet I added this winter. I've gone through two cornys so far, just swapped in the third today.

I may be oversimplifying the math, but there's less than 3/4 cubic feet of volume inside a corny keg, and as you're only using the gas to displace the beer (and not infuse it with dissolved gas) it seems to me 40 cubic feet should go a heck of a long way...

Cheers!

That's correct I will be carbonating with a co2 tank. Thanks for the info. How are you liking your nitro tap setup? Did you have to use longer lines on it vs your co2 setup?

I've been really enjoying stout on nitro. It's definitely a keeper :)

I did not lengthen the line to the keg, it's the same 12' of 3/16" ID Bevlex-200 as on the other five faucets. If anything I'd consider shortening that line, as the dynamics of the faucet combined with the high pressure and the desired end goal suggests less restriction might be A Good Thing.

But...it's been working so nicely I've left well enough alone...

Cheers!

Back