This will be my 3rd Batch. Recommendations?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvotava91

Reaction score
I am going to brew my 3rd batch shortly after the holidays and I am looking at brewing an IPA extract batch. Anyone have any suggestions as to what kit I should get?

Thanks
Jake

if you have a local home brew store they should have some ipa kits to try out. these are usually good to start with. IPA was my first brew and it turned out great and it was a kit made by local brew supply

Well, for my IPA slot I alternate between a clone and the cheapest AHS kit that I haven't brewed. The clones are of what I like and that I have found a reliable store or recipe. The cheapest AHS kit is a substitute for simplest IPA recipe, with the idea that I will learn how to build an IPA that I would like. While I've been trying out other OHBS, Brew Brothers, Brewmasters Warehouse, and Seven Bridges Cooperative; and I'm eyeing Northern Brewer (all with more organic options than AHS), no one does kits as well as AHS. Of their 1224 kits, they have 86 IPA recipes (14B) [33 of their own recipes and 53 clones) and 27 DIPA recipes (14C) [8 of their own recipes and 19 clones].

For a 3rd batch brewer and first time IPA brewer, I recommend either a clone of your favorite (mine is Dogfish Head 60-Minute; take a look at Yooper's thread.) or AHS Budget IPA.
Next IPA in my queue, Pliny the Elder (which I haven't tasted, and I'll take from HBT's Pliny thread.)

Back