This section is the best place I could write

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillsrob

Reaction score
Hello all you homebrewers, I joined this forum a while ago, around the time I was making 2-3 batches a time. Im sure none of you know me, but any of you regular posters, I know your names, and feel I almost know you, you guys share almost anything. I havent brewed much in the last 4 months. :mad:
I have an IPA in a carboy, for 3 months. I regret not brewing. My so called life went screwed up on me. I sit drinking "standard liqour store beer" missing the taste of homebrewed beer. I think everyday I should bottle the beer thats at least in a carboy. I have 4, 5gallon batches of supplies sitting on my shelf. I forget where I was going with this though? I guess its more of a drunken rambling.

If there is ever an incentive to bottle some beer it would be now. Especially since it's an IPA. Eventually all of your hard work will be for nothing because the hop character will fade. Enjoy it now but to do that, you must bottle.

I'm sorry that your life has gone and screwed up on you. I'll be honest, brewing or just being busy is what happens in excess when life goes and screws up on me. Idle time is bad time so if there is any way for you to find the motivation to fire up your burner and start making beer again, do it.

Haha You got me there, So I did. Now its to wait... 3 months in a carboy seemed like nothing compared to the 3-4weeks in a bottle.. haha :mug:

Go brew! The weeks always seem to slip by so fast.

Melana has a point there. If you brew more often you always have beer coming up on time to drink. It is a wonderful cycle. Besides. Once you build up your pipeline you will have reserves so that you can brew up longer aging brews too.

Sorry for the excrement hitting the air dispersal device and cleanup getting in the way of hobbies. I take it you are getting back into times where you can enjoy yourself so welcome back.

I hope that IPA has some hop prescence left after the aging.

This thread made me remember that I have a cider that's been sitting in primary for months now that I had completely forgotten about. Better keg that bad boy this weekend.

Here I am with an empty tap in my kegerator, and I've had a ready beverage to put on it this whole time! I feel like such a jerk....

I kinda inadvertently had a small hiatus from brewing over the holidays, I went about a month and half without brewing! I just brewed last friday and it was awesome to get back up on the horse. Just making the starter wort got me excited to be brewing again. :mug:

The hop profile was still strong on this one, I had a sample cup, before priming the whole batch! Bottling made me feel on top of the world! Thanks!

As a reply for anyone who is interested, I bottled 12 bottles in regular sized beer bottles for testing, and after 5 days, there is carbonation, distinct bitterness and hops taste I hoped, but still sweet with primer. I am happy :mug:
Cant wait for 2 and 3 more weeks tasters

Latest posts

Back