This Really Annoys Me Pet Peeve Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. It was a very active thread that appears to have been deleted. To participate, there was a questionnaire you had to answer: "The Test". Your response to over 50 questions established you as a poster on the thread. If you did not, you were shunned by the group who had taken/created/added to "The Test".

I posted there a few times, was reminded to take the "The Test", and may have insulted them about their sophomoric exclusionary club when they insisted I take "The Test". I walked away.

I'm sure the thread started with the spirit of good fun. In retrospect, the participants were just updating each other with the mundane details of their daily lives. Not a lot of memorable brew tips were lost when the thread was deleted.

Ok that's what I was thinking. People had replied to multiple quotes repeatedly. With nonsense. Seemed like drunken gibberish to what I did last night, what my neighbor did to piss me off. How the weekend went. A select club.

It should be shut down in that that case.

I was told to FOAD. Reported that and was told it's just a joke and to blow it off.

I posted in a U.S. political thread that non citizens should mind their own business. That got deleted and several other posts. I a got a warning that ALL people can participate. Not to behave that that way.

The FOAD post was not deleted...

Not really the equivalent behavior in my opinion. Guess it depends whether it's considered joking or sincere. I saw it as pure bias.

Sorry. It was a very active thread that appears to have been deleted. To participate, there was a questionnaire you had to answer: "The Test". Your response to over 50 questions established you as a poster on the thread. If you did not, you were shunned by the group who had taken/created/added to "The Test".

I posted there a few times, was reminded to take the "The Test", and may have insulted them about their sophomoric exclusionary club when they insisted I take "The Test". I walked away.

Well, not everyone takes themselves as seriously on the internets. Some people can handle ribbing and jokes. That's why we give the test, PKU.

I'm sure the thread started with the spirit of good fun. In retrospect, the participants were just updating each other with the mundane details of their daily lives. Not a lot of memorable brew tips were lost when the thread was deleted.
It's still there behind the paying member curtain.
Ok that's what I was thinking. People had replied to multiple quotes repeatedly. With nonsense. Seemed like drunken gibberish to what I did last night, what my neighbor did to piss me off. How the weekend went. A select club.

It should be shut down in that that case.

I was told to FOAD. Reported that and was told it's just a joke and to blow it off.

I posted in a U.S. political thread that non citizens should mind their own business. That got deleted and several other posts. I a got a warning that ALL people can participate. Not to behave that that way.

The FOAD post was not deleted...

Not really the equivalent behavior in my opinion. Guess it depends whether it's considered joking or sincere. I saw it as pure bias.
Some folks like dive bars, some folks don't. The "very active thread" is like hanging out in the dumpster behind a dive bar.
Well, not everyone takes themselves as seriously on the internets. Some people can handle ribbing and jokes. That's why we give the test, PKU.
Saddle up with your big boy/girl britches.

It's still there behind the paying member curtain.

Some folks like dive bars, some folks don't. The "very active thread" is like hanging out in the dumpster behind a dive bar.

Saddle up with your big boy/girl britches.

Pretty sure it's like hanging out IN said dumpster. After a few missed pickups.

Pretty sure it's like hanging out IN said dumpster. After a few missed pickups.

Sylvan_Reading_5th_Grade-56a946b33df78cf772a55ffa.jpg

Damnit.

Why'd I read beside?

Why you having mods change my posts?

Does this mean I have to test again? Is this the painful one with the Q tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back