this hose ok?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhltechie

Reaction score
Hi all,

I still have to get the hoses to go from my manifold to the burners. I'd like them to be flexible. I seem to be having the hardest time finding high pressure lp hose. I have a local hose shop, but they dont carry it..just the fittings. so I was looking online and wondered if this hose would be ok.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B8AMC2/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I dont need a long hose, so I would probably end up cutting this and having my local guy put a fitting on it. I dont really want to use copper and I havent been able to find SS hoses. someone help?

Last edited by a moderator:
i do indeed have a high pressure setup. I havent tried an RV dealer....huh...didnt even think about it really.. apparently i need to!

If you're putting the regulator on the tank and feeding your rig after that, the highest pressure your hose will require is like 30psi. That's relatively nothing in terms of hose. Another way to go is 3/8" copper.

If you're putting the regulator on the tank and feeding your rig after that, the highest pressure your hose will require is like 30psi. That's relatively nothing in terms of hose. Another way to go is 3/8" copper.

hmmm....never thought of it that way. I an indeed doing as you said with a 30 psi regulator. I wanted to stay away from copper...only reason being aesthetics.

hmmm....never thought of it that way. I an indeed doing as you said with a 30 psi regulator. I wanted to stay away from copper...only reason being aesthetics.

Threaded steal pipe works too (and you can paint it)... you just need the proper fittings for both ends of the pipe, which should be available at a RV or a welding supply store.

Back