Thirst for a flavor. Any experience with these recipes? Ill post image.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frosty Tim

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been going to a you can sort of place. i dont think one would refer to it as a micro brewery. My job is just to pick my poison, drop the yeast in for the law of home brew and then show up 2 weeks later to can 45 ltrs. Ive had mis results with my regular Pilsner request. Perhaps the "cook" brew master is not maintaing heat, over boiling etc. What steps would one do to get a good beer in the end. Ill post the recipe thats posted where i go.
Ive switched between brews/ Czech pilsner, Red Beer, Beach-wood Lauger. So much tof the latter that ive gained some weight lol

My beers i like are non bitter IPA,s, Guinness, and a Canadian wheat beer called Mill St organic. any thoughts...

Attachments

• 20200615_123656.jpg
    20200615_123656.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 20200615_123701.jpg
    20200615_123701.jpg
    889.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20200615_123706.jpg
    20200615_123706.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
We have "Brew on Premise" outfits here, where you actually brew, doing the boil, hop additions, chill, transfer to a fermenter, pitch yeast, clean up. The beer stays there to ferment out. Then you come back a week or 2 later to package into your own keg or bottles, and take them home.

I'm not familiar with a place like yours. I don't quite understand, are you saying you don't really brew yourself, boiling, etc. Some brewer there brews it for you? Then all you do is pitch yeast, and when it's ready a few weeks later, package in their canning system?
45 liters is pretty big (~10 gallons) especially if the beer is disappointing. :(

Lagers are characterized by the use of a true lager yeast, ferment cool @50-55F max. After a proper Diacetyl rest they then need to "lager" (stored) at near freezing temps for a period of 2-6 weeks, before packaging. You need a temp controlled fridge or freezer for that.

Looking at those "recipes" they are mere ingredients lists, they don't specify process or timings for (hop) additions, etc. The (malt) extract, glucose and dextrose is specified in liters , that's really weird! Weights are much more typical, especially for the solids (glucose, dextrose) and even malt extract, definitely when it's a powder (Dry Malt Extract, DME) and not a syrup. There are no steeping grains anywhere to be found, and using large amounts of simple sugars (glucose, dextrose) does not make a case for good beer...

Look into real home brewing, at your home, or at a friend's home.

Back