Thinking of ordering my keg set up today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishnfever

Reaction score
Well the wife said I could a keg set up :rockin: I am going to order the Basic Homebrew Draft System from morebeer.com. I am going to have to use the picnic tap for a while :( . That is ok for now. I am just happy to be able to get into kegging.

Can some one tell me the sanyo fridge model number at bestbuy.

Also is there any thing else I should get. I was reading something about a line cleaning kit? Do I really need it since I am only using the picnic tap? Couldn't I just use san-star and take off the beer line and clean it like that?

Thanks for any info..

Okay I found the fridge on bestbuys web site. Is there any else I should get before I oplace my order.

Tips are more than welcome;)

fishnfever said:
Okay I found the fridge on bestbuys web site. Is there any else I should get before I oplace my order.

Tips are more than welcome;)
Make sure it's the 4912. Nothing to it but to do it.

I ran picnic taps for several months before installing a tower.

The only upfront modifications you'll need to make are if you plan of keeping the gas on the outside of the fridge.

That's the one.

There's a brand new one sitting in my garage waiting for my tower to arrive. Should be converted by next weekend :rockin:

BierMuncher said:
Make sure it's the 4912. Nothing to it but to do it.

I ran picnic taps for several months before installing a tower.

The only upfront modifications you'll need to make are if you plan of keeping the gas on the outside of the fridge.

One more thing. Is the line cleaning kit a must if I am going to be using the picnic tap? I can see where it would be a must once I install a tower. It just seams easy to remove the picnic tap assembly off the keg and clean it in the sink with san star or c-brite.

Back