think I may have messed up my hefeweizen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLExpat

Reaction score
12 quart pot was filled to the brim after sparging and mashing out, so I poured out a gallon into another pot and began my boil on both. However I was flying through Homebrewing for dummies, and in the do/don't section it said do not aerate hot wort. Am I boned?

I am certainly no expert on this subject but from what I have read you will be fine. You can search "hot side aeration" for many in depth discussions on this topic. In short, it appears that this is a myth.

I have done that before and my beer came out great. I wouldn't worry at all.....just next time keep it in mind.

Thanks guys. Although I think this batch is going to have a little more hops flavor than I intended. Something just clicked into place in my brain, and I think I didn't switch my digital scale from pounds to ounces when measuring out my hops. So instead of .6 ounces of hops, I may have put in .6 pounds

An ounce of hops is one small packet. 0.6 lbs would mean you used 9.5 packets of hops. I doubt you did this...atleast I hope not :eek:

Nope, I did not do that, I thought it out earlier and checked the scale, I have to switch to pounds manually as the default is ounces, so I'm still good. I picked a bad week to cut down on caffeine, my brain isn't functioning right

Back