Things That Make You Go Hmmmm . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pappers_

Moderator Emeritus
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SWMBO is gone for a week or so, just 19 year old boy and me at home. This morning, I got into the shower and found a quarter on the floor. How did that even get there? What was he doing with a quarter in the shower?

One my daughters lost the remote. After about two weeks of making the arduous 8 foot walk to the TV I found it behind the ice cream in the freezer. This was just one of many such things, like milk cartons in the kitchen cabinet. Makes you go hmmmm and check her bedroom closer.

I'm having a deja vu moment, except it's more of a deja-I'veheardthisstorybeforeandcan'trememberwhen. I think there is napping shirtless, while wearing pants with change in the pockets involved, if I'm vaguely remembering correctly.

Reminds me of the time my dad got thrown out of the hospital. He was in the cardiac ward for a defibrillator replacement. He got hungry, so went to the hospital cafeteria and had biscuits and gravy for breakfast. I had several things to ponder that morning.

How did you pay for breakfast?
Where do you carry money when you are wearing a hospital gown, scuffies, and pushing a IV and heart monitor down the hall?
Did no one find it unusual that there was a person with a IV machine and heart monitor in the cafeteria/dining room?
Are you really supposed to be having Biscuits and Gravy, when you have a heart procedure?

After hearing his story, it wasn't hard to figure out how he got to be standing on a street corner outside the hospital, before I arrived to get him.

I know exactly what happened, as it has happened to me in the past. The bottoms of his feet were dirty, allowing the quarter that had fallen out of his jeans pocket when he took them off to stick to the bottom of his foot. Depending on the location on the foot, this might go undetected in the walk from bedroom to bathroom. When he got in the shower the water freed the quarter from the foot funk and thus wound up on the bottom of the tub.

Of course, he should have picked the quarter back up instead of leaving it for you.

There is a party game I've heard of, (and, sadly almost got to see in action) whereby the contestants attempt to pick up change with their butt cheeks.

I am fairly sure is was invented by some drunken yoopers with cabin fever.

Just a possibility.

There is a party game I've heard of, (and, sadly almost got to see in action) whereby the contestants attempt to pick up change with their butt cheeks.

Just a possibility.

Lol, that gave me a flashback to the years I spent living in the Philippines. Similar concept different body part and... that is as far as I am willing to take it.

SWMBO is gone for a week or so, just 19 year old boy and me at home. This morning, I got into the shower and found a quarter on the floor. How did that even get there? What was he doing with a quarter in the shower?

Agreed, fell out of his pocket while undressing and wound up stuck to his foot. That, or he's pledging a fraternity and that's the least of your worries.

One my daughters lost the remote. After about two weeks of making the arduous 8 foot walk to the TV I found it behind the ice cream in the freezer. This was just one of many such things, like milk cartons in the kitchen cabinet. Makes you go hmmmm and check her bedroom closer.

My oldest niece is guilty of that. She also took to putting her dirty dishes in her underwear drawer and attracting hoards of fruit flies by leaving full drinks of moldy juice under her bed.

Most awkward talk I ever had in my life was with my oldest Daughter. It revolved around leaving her pads in her underwear and then shoving them into the laundry pile. I swear the kid's underwear looks like before she takes them off, she punches an eclair.

Lol, that gave me a flashback to the years I spent living in the Philippines. Similar concept different body part and... that is as far as I am willing to take it.

Reminds me of Wynona Ryder's only real talent....

Last edited by a moderator:

Just a possibility.

Where is Yooper. When I first read this I thought you were talking about her and several clones drunk and trying to figure out what to do to kill the time.

Where is Yooper. When I first read this I thought you were talking about her and several clones drunk and trying to figure out what to do to kill the time.

She's had a busy week from what I've heard, but she is still on checking on things, just not replying as much.

And I can't say whether she has ever played this game or not but I wouldn't put it past anyone who has to live in frozen seclusion for 9 months out of the year, though!

Maybe waiting to see how long it takes you to make cents out of it.

Today, there was a penny in the shower . . .

Well, was she cute?

Guy down at work gets his girlfriend pregnant, has shot gun wedding, less than a week later has a new job in construction with father in-law and on his last day I tell him don't end up in a drive way or foundation.

Got him going hmmmm

Hmmmmm.... how exactly did I miss this thread up to this point?

Oh, and he is totally messing with you. Tomorrow it will be a condom wrapper.

Guy I work with was cooking dinner one evening, and drinking.....heavily apparently. Something boiled over so he said he remembered removing the burners to clean up the mess. Next morning, he stumbles to the kitchen, totally forgetting about his ill fated cooking experience the night before, and his burners are gone. He didn't find them for an hour or so, when he opened the fridge, and there they were, exactly where he put them after cleaning the stove.

Back