Things breweries do that are SO annoying...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcbaumannerb

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
What things do craft/micro breweries do that annoy you. Let's leave the big boys out of this ...

I am annoyed when you go to a craft breweries site and the ask for your birth date or if you are 21. And as if that's not enough, most can't even remember your answer the next time you visit their site! :drunk:

Triple Chocolate Double Imperial Stout at your cervix, beyotch..

Cheers! :D

ab_sep_25_2011_01.jpg

Crap websites where you can't find anything about the beers, opening hours for the tap room, location, or any relevant info you might look up on a brewer's site.

What things do craft/micro breweries do that annoy you. Let's leave the big boys out of this ...

I am annoyed when you go to a craft breweries site and the ask for your birth date or if you are 21. And as if that's not enough, most can't even remember your answer the next time you visit their site! :drunk:

I had this happen at Founders website. I was on my phone and it was VERY hard to get to their input form and enter my birthdate. So I emailed them about it and they changed from having to enter your birthdate to simply clicking on the YES (I am over 21) button.

IIRC it was a condition of their insurance policy. Something to do with limiting liability.

Yeah, I get why they do it. Even if their insurance didn't force them I think most breweries would do it anyway just to keep from looking as if they want minors perusing their site. I just hate the fact that they don't write a cookie out and let you in the next time without asking. It gets tedious (especially the ones who want you to input the birthdate.)

Another one that irks me is when they don't date their IPAs. I pass on so many of them because you just don't know how old they are...

Another one that irks me is when they don't date their IPAs. I pass on so many of them because you just don't know how old they are...

This reminded me. Put the freaking ABV of your beer on the bottle. If you don't want to add the IBUs and OG and all the recipe info, I get that. But I don't weigh that much, so when I grab a beer I want to know if I'm going to be one and done or if I get to hang out for a bit.

There's a brewery in town that just puts the name of the beer on the board with no description or price

for me it's barrel aging-... I don't recall one I like. I know many of you disagree, but for me I'd rather see the breweries utilize their time and real estate for a lager.

I can't stand when there is no description of the beer (in the brewery or bottle). Another, is when the barkeep doesn't know the info either! I almost left, but the beer was good.

Eddie

+1 on beer names w/ no price or info.. I like that you have a colorful chalkboard with your brews on it... I don't like a 50 dollar tab.

Oh and when I ask for a sample, give me a sample not just foam. Hell charge me a quarter or something but let me get enough to taste the brew.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back