Things are getting interesting, BB Icemaster Max 2....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, the cart will look a bit different, 2 flex and a Chapman 14 gallon. It won’t be quite as pretty, but will still be set up in a similar way.

It's now listed as shipping in Summer...I guess that's a three month window.
Saw that. Been a little frustrated with MoreBeer. Normally they are very responsive but they have gone dark on me.

Been emailing back and forth with their sales guy for a while about the Max 2 (I ordered at the beginning of March). Just asking some questions and stuff. Then reached out to him regarding the Cannular and Cannular Pro (a few guys from my club and I are going in on a can seamer) and he hasn't responded since the beginning of May (3 weeks since he lasted responded).

Found that shocking because like I said, they are usually very responsive with stuff. Anyone had any issues with them responding lately?

Saw that. Been a little frustrated with MoreBeer. Normally they are very responsive but they have gone dark on me.

Been emailing back and forth with their sales guy for a while about the Max 2 (I ordered at the beginning of March). Just asking some questions and stuff. Then reached out to him regarding the Cannular and Cannular Pro (a few guys from my club and I are going in on a can seamer) and he hasn't responded since the beginning of May (3 weeks since he lasted responded).

Found that shocking because like I said, they are usually very responsive with stuff. Anyone had any issues with them responding lately?
For west coast They ship & operate out of 2 Bay Area towns (pittsburg & concord respecticely). Both in Contra Costa county. They have taken the shut down serioualy over there still. I assume they have max limits on employees working, etc
Just my speculation here.

Three weeks seems like a long time. Unfortunately, there is no telling why he may not have responded. It could be that he is sick; simply lost your email somehow; or he is too busy filling orders and they need his help.

If a business is running behind on filling orders, responding to multiple emails from the same person or even a lot of customers takes so much time away from the actual filling of the orders. Sorta of a Catch 22....they probably could spend a good amount of time in the day responding to emails. I would rather they spend their limited time filling orders. From the sound of your post, you have been emailing him multiple times about the same subject. Maybe he feels he answered your question(s) or maybe he does not have an updated answer......

Email takes so long to write as the writer not only will be addressing the question(s), many times they will give more information that they know will be a followup question. If time is a premium, why write email that may take 15-30 minutes to write when the question can be answered on the phone verbally within a minute or two.

So, you have shown great patience, why not call MB?

Last edited:
Three weeks seems like a long time. Unfortunately, there is no telling why he may not have responded. It could be that he is sick; simply lost your email somehow; or he is too busy filling orders and they need his help.

If a business is running behind on filling orders, responding to multiple emails from the same person or even a lot of customers takes so much time away from the actual filling of the orders. Sorta of a Catch 22....they probably could spend a good amount of time in the day responding to emails. I would rather they spend their limited time filling orders. From the sound of your post, you have been emailing him multiple times about the same subject. Maybe he feels he answered your question(s) or maybe he does not have an updated answer......

Email takes so long to write as the writer not only will be addressing the question(s), many times they will give more information that they know will be a followup question. If time is a premium, why write email that may take 15-30 minutes to write when the question can be answered on the phone verbally within a minute or two.

So, you have shown great patience, why not call MB?
The emails have been spaced out, and asking different clarifying questions, over a couple of months. Maybe a handful of emails back and forth over those couple of months so it's not like I am emailing multiple times a week. He was very responsive when talking about the Max 2 and I never had any issues. It was when I asked an additional question about the Cannular systems that he seemed to go dark.

Because I thought the same thing, could be sick or wasn't at work for whatever reason, I initiated a new email to see if there was someone else I could or should be talking with and that went unanswered for over a week as well.

I did message them on Facebook over the weekend and a different member of their team responded to me yesterday. I generally do not call with questions like I have because they aren't questions that need to be answered immediately. I waited a week before following up each time which I believe to be sufficient enough time to respond especially when they say they respond to all customer inquiries within 24 hours (which is exactly what I have experienced in the past).

Bottom line, MoreBeer has responded and I am working with them on an order and all is well. Regardless of my frustration with the situation, my opinion of them has not changed. Mistakes happen, we move on.

I have 2 SS Brewtech conicals with FTS2 hearing/cooling systems. I used to put water and frozen water bottles in a cooler next to the fermenters to keep them at my desired temperature. That meant keeping about a dozen frozen water bottles in my freezer and having to swap them out 2-3 times a day during initial fermentation (before work, after returning from work and before going to bed). It worked, but it had its limits. About the coldest I could get was 50 degrees and that took more frozen water bottles at a time and swapping out more frequently. I was lucky enough to be able to buy a used SS Brewtech glycol chiller at a good price and love it. No more frozen water bottles, not more swapping out bottles 3 times a day. Just set and forget. In addition, I can chill the fermenters down into the high 30's. I also noticed that I can get the fermenters down to pitching temperature much quicker that with frozen water bottles (which usually involves lowering the temperature by 10-20 degrees after using my immersion chiller). Would I have spent $1,000 + for this luxury? No. But for $500-$600, it is fantastic.
Exactly what I came in here to post. Also, my basement can get pretty warm during the Summer, so the set it and forget it of the glycol chiller sold me on it. Also, lagers....

Back