Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just thought it was because everyone is on meth.
no telling secrets !!! tut_tut.gif

This mornings Catch-All...

I'm plugging away on a massive report and look up to see this guy headed straight for my office.
He comes in and say "I was looking for something in my sent emails folder, sorted it by date, found it, then went back to look for it again a few minutes later and its gone. Do you know where it is?"

I'm in project management, he is in Sales. There are 23 other employees in the office. Why me?

This mornings Catch-All...

I'm plugging away on a massive report and look up to see this guy headed straight for my office.
He comes in and say "I was looking for something in my sent emails folder, sorted it by date, found it, then went back to look for it again a few minutes later and its gone. Do you know where it is?"

I'm in project management, he is in Sales. There are 23 other employees in the office. Why me?

If you do not acknowledge them asking an unrelated to your job question will they eventually go away? I ignore my coworkers stupid questions, eventually he asks someone else.

I ignore my coworkers stupid questions, eventually he asks someone else.

Had a few people who get paid.. erm.. generously.. come to me yesterday to help them figure out how to remove a logo from an MSWord document. Sometimes I think it is a miracle that something in this place doesn't explode on a daily basis.

edit: As lunch time rolls around, it smells like it's ****ing Kimchi day in the office again..

That's an easy one, you are being punished for being competent. Spend more time drooling on your keyboard and banging the mouse on your desk.

The thing is, I actually don't mind helping people with legit questions unrelated to my work. But this question just seemed totally F-ing stupid to me.

Like if I came into work barefooted, and the first person I saw, I said "hey I couldn't find my shoes this morning, do you know where they are?"

The thing is, I actually don't mind helping people with legit questions unrelated to my work. But this question just seemed totally F-ing stupid to me.

Like if I came into work barefooted, and the first person I saw, I said "hey I couldn't find my shoes this morning, do you know where they are?"

Well, in that situation I am sure I would be calling the office slurring "I'm sorry, I will not be making it into work today. I can't seem to find my clothes. I appreciate your concern, but figure if I can find my house they will be somewhere near there."

I understand though. I also am happy to help with questions. Its when you rely on me to do your work too, or you keep asking the same questions, or the inane banal questions I start to take offense. And when you use big words to try to impress me.

Answer: "That's a really good question!" Then turn around in your chair and go back to what you were doing before.

Had a few people who get paid.. erm.. generously.. come to me yesterday to help them figure out how to remove a logo from an MSWord document. Sometimes I think it is a miracle that something in this place doesn't explode on a daily basis.

edit: As lunch time rolls around, it smells like it's ****ing Kimchi day in the office again..

Sigh... I don't mind kimchi (actually love it and have it in the fridge), but it would have to have office wide approval before it could be kimchi day at the office.

"I'm sorry, I will not be making it into work today. I can't seem to find my clothes. I appreciate your concern, but figure if I can find my house they will be somewhere near there."

this next Monday is gonna rock!

the HR baiter reported me to the new safety guy yesterday for throwing a clamp in my area. I got told not to do it again by the floor leads and they brushed her off. the problem is she's trying to make a name for herself at the cost of others and is already getting people afraid to stand up to her, lest they face an HR report.

This note showed up a few days ago, in the bathroom, followed by a response today
The initial poster is way too concerned about a water bottle left In a bathroom. Seriously, you leave your water bottle in bathroom it is contaminated forever!
Chances are both are IT people, they are known to be a bit weird!
View attachment 317060View attachment 317062View attachment 317063

The reply is priceless. The original note needs a couple more trips through the grammar machine.

Sigh... I don't mind kimchi (actually love it and have it in the fridge), but it would have to have office wide approval before it could be kimchi day at the office.

A guy I work with went through a real bad smelly food period a couple years ago. He started with kimchi, then went with broccoli and apple cider vinegar. That stuff is evil when heated! I walked by the exhaust fan on the smoke room and it smelled like a restaurant dumpster in July. I was shocked when I found out that was someone's lunch.

the guy didn't like me and looked down on me for being an atheist. he then blamed me when his Christian Punk Rock son started claiming atheist and later agnostic.

HR is not a revenge tool! neither is becoming a boss!

Saw something while shopping for beer yesterday that reminded me of this post. Sorry about the pic being sideways, work computer & phone camera are conspiring against me.

Billy, maybe you should've bought that guy a beer...
Regards, GF.

1119150918.jpg

One of my employees is a chronic skimmer. And sucks at it. Will not take a few seconds to read ANYTHING in full, no matter how succinct the text is, and consequently never understands written instructions properly. Ever.

Yeah, if someone sends me a wall of text, I may skim for the pertinent details, but if you can't follow some goddamned basic instructions on a website, I can't help you!

[ ] Choose this option to remit payment by ACH Debit or to pay by Credit Card.

Her: Hey, normally we send this by ACH Debit, but it says here that we have to use a credit card to pay by ACH. What should I do?

Me: ACH is not credit cards.

Her: Yeah it is! It says so right here! Come take a look!

Me: *looks at it for one goddamned second*
"OR". It says, "Or".

Her: So we don't have to use a credit card?

Me: Why don't you read it again and tell me? :drunk:

How about when my boss sends 1 of my coworkers (same rank/level as me with 4 years less seniority, totally incompetent, but definitely a yes-woman/brown-noser) to a paid training across the country but doesn't send the rest of us because he has heard rumors that we are both leaving within a year. The training would benefit the entire staff and includes a week of hotel, paid meals, and travel expenses. Only the favorite is going.

Would you invest in someone that you heard was leaving?

Usual issues here. Working ass off, supervisor taking all the credit.

No, but I have no plans to leave. I haven't given any official notice that I'm leaving. Also, the coworker that is going won't be working here even for 5 years. We have a bad manager and very high turnover.

Typical, I take 3 days off and return to problems that are not resolved that as of Wednesday there was a plan to handle. Frustrated and drinking coffee may not be a good mix today.

Supervisor just walked into a conversation about pecan pie while we were working. Called us into his office and told us to cut the useless chatter. He doesn't want to hear talking unless it's about work. I hate this man.

Supervisor just walked into a conversation about pecan pie while we were working. Called us into his office and told us to cut the useless chatter. He doesn't want to hear talking unless it's about work. I hate this man.

Hah, only good thing about here. Supervisor walked in, said "sounds like you all are having a party" commenting on us making fun of a coworker for getting food all over himself at lunch today. Literally everywhere. Tie, shirt, pants, id badge, shoes. I would be surprised if he got any in his mouth.

You do research at a University?

Tell me you can't figure out a way to work a pecan pie into your research. One of our Professors put a chocolate chip cookie in the wind tunnel to analyze the turbulence.

I hate this man.

I'd serve him a nice laxative laté.

Every now and then I find something on this site that makes me completely derp out and my boss just walks by saying, "That must be a funny drawing." and continues about his business. When he asks what I'm working on, I tell him either [nothing/level 5 of candy crush/facebook/dropping sick tweets bruh]. I found it's nice to keep a professional level of insincerity with some people, that way once in a while you can tell the most absurd truth and they'll just chuckle and move on.

Hah, only good thing about here. Supervisor walked in, said "sounds like you all are having a party" commenting on us making fun of a coworker for getting food all over himself at lunch today. Literally everywhere. Tie, shirt, pants, id badge, shoes. I would be surprised if he got any in his mouth.

this man hears laughter, or sees happy workers and he does his best to stop it, because happy workers couldn't possibly be actually working.

I'd serve him a nice laxative laté.

Every now and then I find something on this site that makes me completely derp out and my boss just walks by saying, "That must be a funny drawing." and continues about his business. When he asks what I'm working on, I tell him either [nothing/level 5 of candy crush/facebook/dropping sick tweets bruh]. I found it's nice to keep a professional level of insincerity with some people, that way once in a while you can tell the most absurd truth and they'll just chuckle and move on.

That's a great idea.

There's nothing professional about this man. He's a moody whimsical unhappy man who takes pleasure in controlling people.

If anyone is looking to hire a project management type person, I'm on the market for a new job and have 10 years of experience in the nuclear field, been a lead technician for 5 years, have a bachelors degree in english so I can write, generally good guy unless you ask my boss :D

That's a great idea.

There's nothing professional about this man. He's a moody whimsical unhappy man who takes pleasure in controlling people.

If anyone is looking to hire a project management type person, I'm on the market for a new job and have 10 years of experience in the nuclear field, been a lead technician for 5 years, have a bachelors degree in english so I can write, generally good guy unless you ask my boss :D

www.usajobs.gov

Always interesting...

careful with adulterated beverages. Technically that can be considered drugging someone. Also, laxitives can have seriously adverse side effects. The last thing you want is to be arrested for making someone sick.

My boss is the polar opposite; he comes into our offices to BS and you can't get rid of him, even if you want to do work.

It's become a running joke/competition amongst a few of us to see how messed up we can make the conversation before scaring him off.

When they eat and I can hear them chew. Drives me frickin nuts. I definitely have this "misophonia" disease I've been reading about http://motherboard.vice.com/read/th...-hearing-someone-chewing-is-called-misophonia

Despite the lack of knowledge about the cause, treatment is possible—pretty intense treatment, based on what Schröder told me. "The treatment consists of group therapy based on different techniques used by cognitive behavioral therapists," he explained. During the group sessions, which take place every other week, patients are taught how to disconnect the sounds from negative emotions.

"It's a lengthy process, people have to work at it for months," Schröder said. And that's necessary, because the brain is basically being reprogrammed. The behavior that reinforced itself over the years has to be completely disconnected.

Well crap. I will just go live by myself then. There are days when my stress is high that I can barely sit next to the GF when she is snacking. I always just listed it as my hyper sensitivity kicking in, cause those are the days when I hate socks, shoes, tight tshirts, armpit areas bunching up in my armpit, any weird cold breeze or area when laying down....yeah, i am weird.

<edit> LOL, should have read more of that article first - His team is exploring misophonia as a part of the spectrum of obsessive-compulsive disorders.

'Cause I have always wished I could stop just focusing on that one noise. And I might have one or two OCD behaviors.

Despite the lack of knowledge about the cause, treatment is possible—pretty intense treatment, based on what Schröder told me. "The treatment consists of group therapy based on different techniques used by cognitive behavioral therapists," he explained. During the group sessions, which take place every other week, patients are taught how to disconnect the sounds from negative emotions.

"It's a lengthy process, people have to work at it for months," Schröder said. And that's necessary, because the brain is basically being reprogrammed. The behavior that reinforced itself over the years has to be completely disconnected.

Well crap. I will just go live by myself then. There are days when my stress is high that I can barely sit next to the GF when she is snacking. I always just listed it as my hyper sensitivity kicking in, cause those are the days when I hate socks, shoes, tight tshirts, armpit areas bunching up in my armpit, any weird cold breeze or area when laying down....yeah, i am weird.

<edit> LOL, should have read more of that article first - His team is exploring misophonia as a part of the spectrum of obsessive-compulsive disorders.

'Cause I have always wished I could stop just focusing on that one noise. And I might have one or two OCD behaviors.

My wife has it, and it's the reason I drink my snacks.

I worked for a place that did business between 7am and 3pm (3pm is when the majority of the staff left and most work has come to a complete stop) My boss would come in between oh I don't know...10...10:30 then start gossiping about her day until about 11:30 in which case most people are now sitting down for lunch, so she will eat lunch with the staff until about 12:15ish. So now its nearly 12:30 she just opened her email and is reading the days agenda and everyone else is literally wrapping the day up.

With all that being said she would always complain that people didn't want to stay until 5pm or later when they got to work on time between 6:30-7am when they were supposed to and want to leave at the time they are scheduled. She said that they had no work ethic b/c of this. She also would say how much better her work ethic is compared to everyone else and would continue to rub it in every ones face how late she stays at night to get things done and no one else does the same.

However, I could probably over look some of this except that she needs everyone to stay late with her b/c shes a complete idiot and rely's solely on her staff to get anything done so she can take credit for it. I dislike her and when the time came I quit in the middle of a very important project knowing good and well she couldn't do it without me. Why? Because she made me work 60hrs a week on work I can finish in 35 hour weeks b/c she couldn't come in on time and constantly reminded me that I needed to stay late until the works is done on a salary pay and if I didn't do that then I had no ethics.

Latest posts

Back