Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coworkers printed out a 5 day weather report, scanned it, then emailed it to the whole office today...

I work with a guy that prints the joke mails spread around the company to bring ho,me and show his wife/buddys. I offered to set up the mail account on his phone, he said printing was easier.

I feel your pain... We have an intern that uses a ton of Axe body spray. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like by the time you're done high school you shouldn't be using this stuff anymore. Or at least learn how to use it in moderation.

Coworkers who purchase, then apply Axe to people who have no ability to refuse application. I can smell that crap seven hours later. Then I hunt down the can and throw it in the trash. That's some seriously smelly shtit.

One of my coworkers is ranting and raving because someone left a couple rows blank on a day-by-day sales report spreadsheet.

Her: "I'm going to go chew his ass out and make him redo this report! This is ridiculous! How could he send me an incomplete report!"

Me: "Wait, wasn't that location closed on those days, due to the weather?"

Her: "So?"

Me: "So... there's no sales to report in those blank rows. It's all zeroes."

Her: "..... Well... he should've filled them in, instead of leaving them blank! He needs to redo it!"

Me: "Filled them in... with zeroes...."

Her: "Yes."

Me: "Why don't you just hit the 'zero' key a couple dozen times and move on with your life? The end result will be the same, and it will save both of you a lot of time."

My coworkers like to throw tantrums over literally nothing. It must be the only exciting thing going on in their lives.

One of my coworkers is ranting and raving because someone left a couple rows blank on a day-by-day sales report spreadsheet.

Her: "I'm going to go chew his ass out and make him redo this report! This is ridiculous! How could he send me an incomplete report!"

Me: "Wait, wasn't that location closed on those days, due to the weather?"

Her: "So?"

Me: "So... there's no sales to report in those blank rows. It's all zeroes."

Her: "..... Well... he should've filled them in, instead of leaving them blank! He needs to redo it!"

Me: "Filled them in... with zeroes...."

Her: "Yes."

Me: "Why don't you just hit the 'zero' key a couple dozen times and move on with your life? The end result will be the same, and it will save both of you a lot of time."

My coworkers like to throw tantrums over literally nothing. It must be the only exciting thing going on in their lives.

Yeah....so there's a problem with your TPS reports. Did ya get the memo I sent?

Coworker stated that she refuses to clean out the toaster oven tray as she doesn't use it (this is a group home mind you). After making a big deal out of it, boss cleans it in 2 minutes. Why spend more time complaining when you can just get it done in less time?

My department consists of my boss and I, that is all. I was hired to fill in the gaps of things that he doesn't have time to do, as well as be able to do his job in the event of his absence. I've not once made a mistake more serious than a typo, yet each time he comes back from a day off or vacation, he scours everything in search of something I did wrong. He questions and prods about every little thing I did to find something.

I'm not sure if it is just him being in shock because he can see his desk since it isn't covered with neglected work, or if he still doesn't realize I know wtf I'm doing. Oh well. My 2 years is almost up.

I get about 5 calls a day from salesmen/women that are freaking out and need a part on order RIGHT AWAY!

Then they go on to give me the description of the part, or call it by name or tell me what it's used for.

I do not know any of this ****.

I know part numbers.

Give me a damn part number and I can tell you what has gone on with this item inventory-wise from the beginning of time and get it on order.

Give me a part description and you can kindly go **** yourself and stop wasting my time.

That felt good.

I'm surrounded by people who are completely, utterly ignorant of the fact that they live in a democracy, and for that democracy to operate as designed they must stay informed and participate.
That's all. Otherwise they're pretty much all good folks

Well.. Looks like I am going to get beat over the head about Matt Cassel getting traded to the Bills, for the rest of the day. Oi...

You mean she does all those things at once, or you just wish she wasn't alive?

Everything about her annoys the hell out of me. One of the worst things she ever said went down like this.

We were in the break room at work and local businesses give us discounts for hanging fliers up. There was this Mexican place called "Julia's Joint" that had hung a flier up. This woman looks at the flier and very loudly says "Julia's Joint. Oh I get it, Jimmy Johns".

This chick somehow (just by the name of a restaurant) correlated Mexican food with mayo sandwiches and made some sort of connection like the Mexican restaurant named themselves "Julia's Joint" because a sandwich shop is called "Jimmy Johns". The stupid is strong with that one.

Plus she walks like the Looney Tunes crow.

My department consists of my boss and I, that is all. I was hired to fill in the gaps of things that he doesn't have time to do, as well as be able to do his job in the event of his absence. I've not once made a mistake more serious than a typo, yet each time he comes back from a day off or vacation, he scours everything in search of something I did wrong. He questions and prods about every little thing I did to find something.

I'm not sure if it is just him being in shock because he can see his desk since it isn't covered with neglected work, or if he still doesn't realize I know wtf I'm doing. Oh well. My 2 years is almost up.

You've got to love micro managers.

My janitor won't shut up. Ever. He's sitting here right now rattling on about...something. I tuned out five minutes ago.

Despite disliking so many people in most workplaces, I've always had respect for the cleaning staff after years working in and having to clean kitchens. Our janitor is the only person that I will allow a few minutes out of my day to BS with while at work, regardless if he smells like an ashtray or liquor bottle. It's not a good job, and he works his ass off.

Give me a part description and you can kindly go **** yourself and stop wasting my time.
This vaguely reminds me of whenever I go shopping at a chain store. I do give item descriptions but from a customer it can be forgiven.

"I'm looking for X"
"Ah yes. An X. What is your task you'd like to accomplish?"
"I need to split the flow of water in my computer to cool multiple chips in parallel."
"I don't recommend that task..."
"It's already got water in it. Works great. Just need to divert flow for an upgrade."
":confused:"
"Point me to the plumbing section please."

Want a laugh? Go into Home Depot and tell them that you are looking at chest freezers to turn into a beer fridge keezer style.

I've definitely worked my way up through the crap jobs. That's why I don't have any patients for all the princesses that I work with that will step around a piece of trash on the ground, literally, ALL FREAKING DAY. I get along so much better with the housekeeping and maintenance staff than I do with 98% of my 'colleagues'

How boring and bland all of their lives are. Lots of them with no adventure in them, writing off things before they try them, having closed minds... The joys of being 25 in a workplace with a bunch of 40-50 year olds.

That came off worse than it is. I love the dude. He's a hard worker, and is as nice a person as I'm likely to have in my employ here. He just has to tell me about every roll of toilet paper he changes out, or every box of Kleenex he delivers. It's tiresome.

How boring and bland all of their lives are. Lots of them with no adventure in them, writing off things before they try them, having closed minds... The joys of being 25 in a workplace with a bunch of 40-50 year olds.

I barely remember 25 so please, more details! And talk really LOUD and S-L-O-W because, you know, I'm old. If I ask you to repeat anything it's just my Alzheimer's kicking in, so...what was I talking about?:cross:

This vaguely reminds me of whenever I go shopping at a chain store. I do give item descriptions but from a customer it can be forgiven.

"I'm looking for X"
"Ah yes. An X. What is your task you'd like to accomplish?"
"I need to split the flow of water in my computer to cool multiple chips in parallel."
"I don't recommend that task..."
"It's already got water in it. Works great. Just need to divert flow for an upgrade."
":confused:"
"Point me to the plumbing section please."

Want a laugh? Go into Home Depot and tell them that you are looking at chest freezers to turn into a beer fridge keezer style.

Dude. Do it right. Get the ThermalTake stuff. They're good people.

Despite disliking so many people in most workplaces, I've always had respect for the cleaning staff after years working in and having to clean kitchens. Our janitor is the only person that I will allow a few minutes out of my day to BS with while at work, regardless if he smells like an ashtray or liquor bottle. It's not a good job, and he works his ass off.

Must be nice, it's been 10 years since we had a decent janitor here. Our current janitors make the mens rm floor sticky, they forget to empty certain trashcans & they like to set things down either on my desk or on the counter at my work station. These things are absolutely unacceptable. I had to tell them not to lean brooms & such against the racks, ctl panels & switchers; this should be blatantly obvious to ANYBODY. One slip & something is going to go VERY WRONG & some things wouldn't be noticed until hours later when it's supposed to be online, but isn't. Don't even get me started on setting rolls of trashbags on my desk, or the various chemicals they "clean" with.
Sorry, didn't mean to rant.
Regards, GF.

Must be nice, it's been 10 years since we had a decent janitor here.

Well, we have one guy and if he slacked I'm sure the position would be filled rather quickly. It's not a huge business so I guess it isn't a horrible place to be a sanitation engineer, but cleaning toilets is nasty regardless. Besides, our guy gets to spend half the year outside playing in the snow with a bunch of machines.

I barely remember 25 so please, more details! And talk really LOUD and S-L-O-W because, you know, I'm old. If I ask you to repeat anything it's just my Alzheimer's kicking in, so...what was I talking about?:cross:

I could say something as simple as I ate sushi the other day, and people wil lbe like "Disgusting, you eat raw fish" me: "Have you ever had it?" them: "No" me: "Then dont say anything". This you replace the word sushi with anything: bluegrass music, sour beers, hot sauce, whatever... can't stand it.

I could say something as simple as I ate sushi the other day, and people wil lbe like "Disgusting, you eat raw fish" me: "Have you ever had it?" them: "No" me: "Then dont say anything". This you replace the word sushi with anything: bluegrass music, sour beers, hot sauce, whatever... can't stand it.

You ate bluegrass music?? EW dude.

Ice day means no managers or HR. It's payday so I get to hand out checks. HR is so much prettier than me I hate her for it. So, naturally, everyone's delighted to get paid, they'd just rather see her at the same time. I do have legs for days though.

Dude. Do it right. Get the ThermalTake stuff. They're good people.

XSPC blocks and rad, Swiftech pump, silver plated compression fittings, dual bay reservoir all internal in Corsair 800D. I believe I did just fine. Never did get around to whatever that project was. Next upgrade I'll probably go with a single video card and gain a few parts from the current split.

This will probably double post. Sue me. I have nothing you can have it all.

I learned not to long ago that sushi translate directly to rice. That's right, rice. Sashimi is the correct word for "raw fish."

On a similar note I was having some raw steak for lunch one day and a coworker was having all sorts of problems with this. The backstory is that I marinated 2, cooked one, then was running way late the next morning and quickly grabbed the one that I had been planning on cooking on day 2, declared it to be "good enough for lunch" and headed out the door. Another coworker was more along the lines of "I know it can be done, I just didn't know anyone who actually would do it."

Our facilities maintenance guys, despite being outwardly grouchy, are cool as hell and easy to BS with.

Now, the night janitors are a different story. The people they had a few years ago were pretty nice, but for whatever reason the office switched away from them. Now we have to change companies multiple times a year because they either don't do what they're supposed to do, or they steal stuff (change, K-cups, medication(!)) out of people's desks.

Now we have to change companies multiple times a year because they either don't do what they're supposed to do, or they steal stuff (change, K-cups, medication(!)) out of people's desks.

Wow that's bad. I have digital calipers, a tablet, iphone accessories and often forget my wallet at my desk. Our janitor puts them in my drawer and locks it for me when I forget. Also, someone knocked my pothos off my desk and the pot shattered on the floor while I was out. When I came back, he had potted it in a 2-litre bottle to save it. That one shocked me :D

Our facilities maintenance guys, despite being outwardly grouchy, are cool as hell and easy to BS with.

Now, the night janitors are a different story. The people they had a few years ago were pretty nice, but for whatever reason the office switched away from them. Now we have to change companies multiple times a year because they either don't do what they're supposed to do, or they steal stuff (change, K-cups, medication(!)) out of people's desks.

We fired our contract cleaners a long time ago, for exactly this. 2 full timers and 1 part time for the entire 1/2 million square feet. Both warehouses have 2 cleaners that sweep and pick up trash, so we're really only in charge of bathrooms and offices. It's still about 30,000 sq. feet for 2 1/2 guys. All three of them would take a bullet for me, and I'd return the favor.

Back