Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A guy I work with constantly complains about being broke but he goes out to lunch almost every day to the tune of 6 - 7$ lunches....kills me

Oh yeah, the majority of my office eats out at lunch every single day. I started to bring my lunch years ago. It's insane how much money you can spend eating out every day.

Even though we have an instant message system we can use, people still feel the need to yell their business across the office.

Welcome to Monday...:mad:

Getting jumped for an obvious lateral promotion by a guy who has less time with the company and zero supervision experience. Its my job to fill in that position when the original guy wasn't there which makes me the only person on plant property with any knowledge of this job. Last night was new guys first night on the job so when I found out how little everyone there including the site supervisor knows about it I went home sick to my stomach. Sorry but I can't tolerate that level of bullshizz. You made your bed now roll around in it without me

I really can't complain about advancement; I've had at least my fair share. There have been times when I was bypassed in favor of someone else and it didn't make sense to me at first. Sometimes I didn't see the logic and it kinda ticked me off. In every case, however, I was eventually able to understand the basis of the decision. Sometimes the logic was faulty or the decision was made based on good ol' boy network thinking. Hiring/promoting managers almost never has anything to do with technical expertise. If it really bothered me enough I went to work elsewhere.

Lately this kind of thing bothers me a lot less than it used to. I'm 55 and have been at the same place 25 years and a department head for 20. When I see someone get a promotion I was interested in self destruct within a year or two I think, "hey, that coulda been me". At my age I'm not set to retire and not a very attractive recruitment candidate. Bird in the hand, I guess.

My office's "loud Howard" lives and hour away. no family, no kids. Refuses to move closer to the office. complains all the time how long and costly his commute is.

He is loud, eats all day, with his mouth open. Openly does not do his job, but will tell you and everyone else how to do their job.
He is a know it all, who even tries to give relations ship advice to those of us who have been married for 20+ years. Yet "loud Howard" has been single for the last 30 years.

I could go on and on and on, but I have other things to do.

I also just heard the story of one of my coworkers getting fired from another job over 10 years ago for the millionth time today. That sucks, but you gotta move on. The best part is that he swears to this day he still has no clue why he was fired! I would think eventually you'd figure out that something in your performance was bad enough for you to get fired, especially if you've been griping about it so long! He's also a highly functioning alcoholic and has been known to drink on the job, so my moneys on that being the reason.

A new hire engineer started at my job today. He's obviously very young and maybe either right out of or a couple years out of school. For the love of god, pretend to have some enthusiasm for being here!! It's your first freaking day! He's in the cubicle across from me and has spent the morning complaining about everything. Oh poor you - you have to unpackage your new laptop/monitors/work station, set it up, complete training, and fill out HR forms. Poor, poor baby. Not a great way to start off the next four - five years.

There's a big bell near my desk that they ring when they make a big sale. If the bell hasn't been rung enough the owner of the company comes by and rings it. I hate that damn bell.

The standard answer to "How's it going" in my office is "living the dream!". WTF? I don't know about anybody else but none of my dreams involve sitting in a cubicle.

There are no cubicles in my office, the idea is "break down the walls of communication." But a group of guys abuse the concept.

I lovingly call their ring leader "annoying guy." Original, I know.

The day starts off with them milling around either annoying guy's desk or one of the groups' while talking AS LOUD AS POSSIBLE about how their fantasy football did that weekend/night and how drunk they got.

They take turns telling "jokes" and laughing which is mostly fake laugh...they're never funny or remotely clever.

They do on average about 2 hrs work each day, if that.

And the CFO chooses to look the other way even though their behavior is so distracting it drives people to blast headphones to drone out their voices.

Oh and annoying guy was promoted last month...

Getting jumped for an obvious lateral promotion by a guy who has less time with the company and zero supervision experience. Its my job to fill in that position when the original guy wasn't there which makes me the only person on plant property with any knowledge of this job. Last night was new guys first night on the job so when I found out how little everyone there including the site supervisor knows about it I went home sick to my stomach. Sorry but I can't tolerate that level of bullshizz. You made your bed now roll around in it without me

Good for you. Exactly what you should've done!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It annoys the living $hit out of me when somebody uses my bowl (clean & in the dish drainer) & leaves it somewhere else in the building, encrusted with their nasty food. I don't mind if somebody uses my bowl, as long as they wash it & put it back. If they did, I wouldn't even know & it wouldn't even be an issue. Some people have no manners & no respect for others or the property of others. End rant.
Regards, GF.

I only go out to lunch once in a while, when I do the one lady in my office, who happens to be the pickiest eater on the plant make me pick her up something......always special ordered.

So after a half hour when I get back, I get the remaining half hour to eat which I don't mind. She eats her lunch while she is "working" and then proceeds to leave and take a full hour lunch.

I only go out to lunch once in a while, when I do the one lady in my office, who happens to be the pickiest eater on the plant make me pick her up something......always special ordered.

So after a half hour when I get back, I get the remaining half hour to eat which I don't mind. She eats her lunch while she is "working" and then proceeds to leave and take a full hour lunch.

Ugh. There are very few people in my office including me. Being the new guy (1 year), I am the only one that is not salary yet.

- They all come in late
- They take lunch at their desk; then go out for lunch break (Min. 1 Hour)
- They all leave early, as much as two hours early (During the holidays, forget it.. lucky if they make an appearance)

Quite often I'm the only one here. Many times during the day I could stand up and look to find that I'm the only one in the office, let alone the only one working. It's a good place, very laid back, but I'm just jealous I guess. They don't care if I go home early, just don't understand that if I do I'm not making money like they are. /Ugh

It annoys the living $hit out of me when somebody uses my bowl (clean & in the dish drainer) & leaves it somewhere else in the building, encrusted with their nasty food. I don't mind if somebody uses my bowl, as long as they wash it & put it back. If they did, I wouldn't even know & it wouldn't even be an issue. Some people have no manners & no respect for others or the property of others. End rant.
Regards, GF.

Why don't you complete the chain of events and after washing your bowl you dry it and bring it back to your workspace with you?

To heck with that. If I were in your shoes, she would either be making the lunch run every other time, or getting her own damn lunch every day. She's freeloading off you - you're taking *your* time to go get *your* lunch, and end up using MORE of your time because of her special order.

To heck with that. If I were in your shoes, she would either be making the lunch run every other time, or getting her own damn lunch every day. She's freeloading off you - you're taking *your* time to go get *your* lunch, and end up using MORE of your time because of her special order.

Get the order wrong every time and make sure it is something that she doesn't like.

Yeah, so I'm a d\ck!

Regards, GF.

First it would bother me! Keep you hands off crappie that isn't yours! No ifs no ands no buts, if you can't follow the rules there is the door.
When you find your dish with crusties in it scrap them onto the work area of the person.
Find something really bad tasting like the stuff you put on kids finger nails to keep them from chewing on them. Harmless but tastes like crap.

See! I told you I was a d/ck.

Why don't you complete the chain of events and after washing your bowl you dry it and bring it back to your workspace with you?

It didn't occur to me that anyone would abscond with my bowl as it was drying. I tend to go thru life leaving things that belong to others alone. Like I said, I don't mind if someone uses my bowl, I just think they should have the common courtesy to wash it & put it back. I left a note on her desk, along with a bottle of dish soap. We'll see if my bowl is clean & in the drainer tomorrow.
Regards, GF.

It didn't occur to me that anyone would abscond with my bowl as it was drying. I tend to go thru life leaving things that belong to others alone. Like I said, I don't mind if someone uses my bowl, I just think they should have the common courtesy to wash it & put it back. I left a note on her desk, along with a bottle of dish soap. We'll see if my bowl is clean & in the drainer tomorrow.
Regards, GF.

She will probably leave your note in the dirty bowl with the soap next to it. :D

There's a big bell near my desk that they ring when they make a big sale. If the bell hasn't been rung enough the owner of the company comes by and rings it. I hate that damn bell.

The standard answer to "How's it going" in my office is "living the dream!". WTF? I don't know about anybody else but none of my dreams involve sitting in a cubicle.

They are not being ironic? "Living the dream" is a common phrase where I worked (I just retired). It's sometimes good for a laugh because everyone knows what you really mean is "I hate this f***ing job".

Stubborn coworker. very very stubborn.

Saw she was replying to an email and she wrote "your welcome". Told her you spelled it wrong and its "you're welcome". Told me i'm wrong, tried to use google to back her self up but couldnt find anything, obviously. would never admit that she was wrong and still spells it "your welcome".

Everyone here plays "pass the buck". Makes me insane... What would you like on this drawing?
- Ask the engineer, "ask the machine shop"
- Ask the machine shop, "ask purchasing"
- Ask purchasing, "ask sales"
- Ask sales, "ask the engineer"
After the imminent full circle is complete, it goes to the bottom of the pile.

I hear you. Grammar mistakes really make me cringe: "their" vs "they're", "two" vs "to" vs "two" etc, etc... I can go on for quite a while...

I hear you. Grammar mistakes really make me cringe: "their" vs "they're", "two" vs "to" vs "two" etc, etc... I can go on for quite a while...

vs too. Grammar mistakes used to get to me more. My wife is dyslexic, so that cured me for the most part.

The only time I'm around co-workers is at lunch. The following things drive me bananas...
1)Coffee slurpers
2)Apple crunchers
3)People that scrape the sh--- out of their little plastic yogurt container with their spoon.

The only time I'm around co-workers is at lunch. The following things drive me bananas...
1)Coffee slurpers
2)Apple crunchers
3)People that scrape the sh--- out of their little plastic yogurt container with their spoon.

#1 ... *SHIVER* If it's too hot for you, put it the funk down before I cut you with my protractor.

Sorry if I piss all of you off...

I hate the amount of cream and sugar that go into coffee...

6 creams, 6 sugars...... OMG... that's not coffee...

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON FAKE SUGAR.

It's coffee, a brew, drink it black (at least try it black first, you MIGHT LIKE IT).

Daily:

UVpgz83.jpg

When my coworker sitting directly next to me IM's me asking about my weekend or telling me a story, etc, etc. Drives me effing crazy.

When my coworker sitting directly next to me IM's me asking about my weekend or telling me a story, etc, etc. Drives me effing crazy.

Ok so I've been guilty of this in the past... Our office was small and getting up to chit chat while I could work on other stuff allows me to be more productive.

They are not being ironic? "Living the dream" is a common phrase where I worked (I just retired). It's sometimes good for a laugh because everyone knows what you really mean is "I hate this f***ing job".

I don't think they're being ironic but I do think that a lot of them are putting on a show. Got to look enthusiastic for the big man right?

On the one hand, I have an idiot coworker who calls me every 5 minutes. On the other hand, I have another idiot coworker who just doesn't answer the phone. And as a result paths get crossed and days get ****ed up. Wanker.

I don't think they're being ironic but I do think that a lot of them are putting on a show. Got to look enthusiastic for the big man right?

we have cameras w/ microphones in our WELDING SHOP. they say it's for security, but when stuff goes missing no one bothers to check the cameras. when 2 guys are BSing for a few minutes, they get called out right away. I'm probably that a-hole that everyone hates because I make my jaded opinions known loudly. :rockin:

we have cameras w/ microphones in our WELDING SHOP. they say it's for security, but when stuff goes missing no one bothers to check the cameras. when 2 guys are BSing for a few minutes, they get called out right away. I'm probably that a-hole that everyone hates because I make my jaded opinions known loudly. :rockin:

That's ****ed up.

When people can't come in because their snot-nosed bastards are sick, then they can't come in because their snot-nosed bastards passed their communicable disease to them. Then, they come in, and pass their disease to the rest of the group.

WTF people. Wash your f-ing hands occasionally. Sometimes, when drinking my morning coffee, lamenting how much I have to do because everyone is sick, I briefly think..."i'll just pretend I'm sick and get a day off"...then I don't, because I'm a healthy non-a$$hole.

Back