Things about your co-workers that annoy you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate it when the help desk assumes I'm stupid and that I somehow caused the problem, and then proceeds to insult me and accuse me instead of actually HELPING.

Not that this applies to you or anything.

I get some pretty stupid calls, but I never insult or accuse and the quicker I solve the problem, the quicker I can go back to doing nothing.

I have my customers trained so well, they call me before they start thinking they might begin to have an idea they may have a problem. I remind them they pay my company a lot of money to be able to call me. The maintenance contract we have with them is only for our application, but I let them know they can call me with any problem they come across.

as dumb as a lot of my customers are, they are some really nice people, I enjoy talking with most of them and I fully understand that without these idiots, I wouldn't have a job.

I get some pretty stupid calls, but I never insult or accuse and the quicker I solve the problem, the quicker I can go back to doing nothing.

I have my customers trained so well, they call me before they start thinking they might begin to have an idea they may have a problem. I remind them they pay my company a lot of money to be able to call me. The maintenance contract we have with them is only for our application, but I let them know they can call me with any problem they come across.

as dumb as a lot of my customers are, they are some really nice people, I enjoy talking with most of them and I fully understand that without these idiots, I wouldn't have a job.

Well, you might be one of the good ones. Our help desk is so bad that every single person in our company avoids talking to them, to the point that managers actually tell new hires to avoid talking to them.

I have a policy with all help desks. Give me bad service and I complain in writing. Every time. Give me good service, even just solving the problem quickly in a courteous tone "please push the button on the left. No, that one actually, not that one" and I send the person's manager a thank you in writing (well, email). Every time.

So far its worked for me.

My secret is TeamViewer.

Instead of taking 20 minutes trying to talk through fixing a problem, I remote in and fix it in 2

My secret is TeamViewer.

Instead of taking 20 minutes trying to talk through fixing a problem, I remote in and fix it in 2

Teamviewer is great. I use it to log into my computer from work or my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just got called from work, and I'm not even on call. Then I get yelled at. Seriously? Look at the ****ing on call list before you call me!

The most annoying thing... Is when people keep coming in and asking for drawings and you have to constantly remind them:

52dow2.jpg

"Nothing new after 2"

Holy hell... I WISH we had that rule. I cant tell you how often my boss comes back at 3....4...or even 4:45 with "Hey, I need a map for my meeting tonight..."

Holy hell... I WISH we had that rule. I cant tell you how often my boss comes back at 3....4...or even 4:45 with "Hey, I need a map for my meeting tonight..."

This was the first thing that came to my mind:

(Somebody had to :D)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's one of the best movies ever. Good to watch if you ever get stressed out at work. My job has zero take home stress, so I watch it and remember how glad I am I'm away from that kind of work.

My coworkers annoy me by watching television and playing with their phones.

They bathe and dress people, brush their teeth, give them medication, shop, cook meals, spoon feed them, clean the house, do laundry, shovel snow, and often get injured while preventing injury to others. Then they have the nerve to relax for a while when the work is done.

Darn $15/hour government employees.

;)

They bathe and dress people, brush their teeth, give them medication, shop, cook meals, spoon feed them, clean the house, do laundry, shovel snow, and often get injured while preventing injury to others. Then they have the nerve to relax for a while when the work is done.

;)

Monetary income is the perfect deceiver of a man's (or woman's) true worth.

Criss Jami

;)

those bastards!

voicemail message from one of my customers, asking my boss to call her back.

I ask the boss if he wants me to call her, he says no, he will do it.

He then messages me that she figured it out on her own but is too embarrassed to tell us what it was.

When coworker calls me to tell me he called the helpdesk about a problem...

Umm....ok, I need to know this why?

we have a few guys that will walk across the shop to tell someone that they told the boss about a problem with (insert anything), even though the only person it affects is them. one of them make a huge deal about having to fix anything he didn't weld. I forgot a Slow Moving Vehicle sign socket on a part and he put it on for me (2 small spot welds). I heard about it for 2 weeks until I said, "Happy floccin' birthday! Do I owe you a BJ or something?!?" then he didn't talk to me for 1 week. that was good week.

we have a few guys that will walk across the shop to tell someone that they told the boss about a problem with (insert anything), even though the only person it affects is them. one of them make a huge deal about having to fix anything he didn't weld. I forgot a Slow Moving Vehicle sign socket on a part and he put it on for me (2 small spot welds). I heard about it for 2 weeks until I said, "Happy floccin' birthday! Do I owe you a BJ or something?!?" then he didn't talk to me for 1 week. that was good week.

Awesome

- The guys from the machine shop that bring me a drawing and tell me I forgot a critical dimension. I hate trying to teach grown men how to do Math.

this time, I'm the idiot.

call from customer, they can't connect to the database. can access the folder containing the application, but it bombs out on loading data

I check ini files, they're good, odbc drivers installed and configured, firewall is set with proper port configuration, still no joy.

so I explain problem to the boss

boss: did you check if the SERVICE is running?

me: (facepalm that's a slap the boss can actually hear over text message) d'oh!

Boss just told me he's taking off the 24th-30th and now I'm screwed into working Christmas, and now my fiancee and I won't get to spend the day with our kids. Really? I asked him 2 weeks ago so we could coordinate and he just sandbagged me. ****!
Especially after I worked thanksgiving. Wtf!

Boss just told me he's taking off the 24th-30th and now I'm screwed into working Christmas, and now my fiancee and I won't get to spend the day with our kids. Really? I asked him 2 weeks ago so we could coordinate and he just sandbagged me. ****!
Especially after I worked thanksgiving. Wtf!

Zero tolerance for that bs. Take off the first week of January to screw him over. Thats garbage man. Feel for ya. Last time someone did that to me, I wasn't there when he got back. Although, that was a long time ago in a meaningless job.

Zero tolerance for that bs. Take off the first week of January to screw him over. Thats garbage man. Feel for ya. Last time someone did that to me, I wasn't there when he got back. Although, that was a long time ago in a meaningless job.

Yep. The worst part is he told me he'd give me off Christmas as his daugther is grown up and I have two little kids. Thanks a lot, a-hole. :mad:

I can't give you any advice on that. I'd be pissed. On the other hand, I work 12 hr swing, so I'm working days Christmas. I worked days thanksgiving too.

my boss ticked off 5-6 of us today. they had changed day shifts hours from 4-4 to 5-4. night shift still works 4-4. since day changed, nights have been coming in 15-30 minutes early (3:30-3:45) every day. some of us days have been coming in 15 minutes early every day to help shave off some of that time on Thursday. we got told today that days can only come in 5 minutes early, but it's OK for nights to continue coming in earlier. so I get flocced out of spending that 4 hours with my son on Thursday. and the reason for the time change? Paint and Set-Up shops don't like seeing welders leaving early on Thursday. the whole deal with night shift is salt in the wound since day shift puts out 2-3 times the work they do with one less hour a day to do it.

in short: all them martha floccers.

my boss ticked off 5-6 of us today. they had changed day shifts hours from 4-4 to 5-4. night shift still works 4-4. since day changed, nights have been coming in 15-30 minutes early (3:30-3:45) every day. some of us days have been coming in 15 minutes early every day to help shave off some of that time on Thursday. we got told today that days can only come in 5 minutes early, but it's OK for nights to continue coming in earlier. so I get flocced out of spending that 4 hours with my son on Thursday. and the reason for the time change? Paint and Set-Up shops don't like seeing welders leaving early on Thursday. the whole deal with night shift is salt in the wound since day shift puts out 2-3 times the work they do with one less hour a day to do it.

in short: all them martha floccers.

Spike their coffee with ny-quil. Problem solved.

Floccing boss texted me this evening to say "I know how overwhelmed and stressed you are and to let me know if there's anything I can do". Really? Rescind your time off request for me since you know exactly what's going on! :mad:

Floccing boss texted me this evening to say "I know how overwhelmed and stressed you are and to let me know if there's anything I can do". Really? Rescind your time off request for me since you know exactly what's going on! :mad:

Oh Geez. That's just their guilt taking over. That sucks man. Arg!

Spike their coffee with ny-quil. Problem solved.

I am trying to figure out how you can hide the flavor of red and green in coffee. I know coffee, especially how I brew it, is a strong flavor but I know of nothing that can mask the flavor of nyquil. Maybe open the liquid gels ones and use those. Bring it up with the painters, maybe they can get off their butts and start leaving early on Thursday as well.

My office has a small fridge that 3-5 of us use for our lunches and stuff. Today I came in to find that someone filled about 1/3 of it with yogurt cups for the week. I had to cram my lunch container in and hope the lid doesn't pop off now.

And the sink? Let's just say that people like to leave their empty Tupperware containers and coffee mugs for days so there is no room in the strainer for the 1-2 things I need to wash and dry each day.

Jerks

He definitely knows what he did is funked up and is feeling guilty. Tell him the truth. You were expecting to use that time to be with your family and it is just adding to the stress. He knows it sucks, let him hear it from you. He opened the door for a text response, let em have it.

We have all or most of us seen Sinfeld Correct. Remember the episode where George always looks so busy and frustrated when his boss walks by but he really is doing nothing? This is my counter part. We are team leads and both have the same job. I can get mine done with no hesitation or frustration at all. He huffs and puffs around the office all week like he never has time to do anything. This really erks my Tater!!!

My office has a small fridge that 3-5 of us use for our lunches and stuff. Today I came in to find that someone filled about 1/3 of it with yogurt cups for the week. I had to cram my lunch container in and hope the lid doesn't pop off now.

And the sink? Let's just say that people like to leave their empty Tupperware containers and coffee mugs for days so there is no room in the strainer for the 1-2 things I need to wash and dry each day.

Jerks

Slam your lunch in there and pop some of that yogurt open. At least the dishes are washed. We have one shift that is bad about leaving dirty dishes and pans around. One guy on my shift just started throwing it away. They learned to clean up after themselves.

Slam your lunch in there and pop some of that yogurt open. At least the dishes are washed. We have one shift that is bad about leaving dirty dishes and pans around. One guy on my shift just started throwing it away. They learned to clean up after themselves.

I've thrown away dirty dishes too. No excuse for that ****. Be a grown up and clean up after yourself

I have a coworker who always has a knee-jerk reaction to any problem posed to him. Instantly he assumes that you have not done a single thing to diagnose further than "It doesnt work" even if you have included such information of what you have tried and what happened/didnt. Then when he finally realized that it was actually a problem sends some 'information' that is not even helpful. Then when you try and clarify he gets combatative and acts like someone kicked his kitten and took his lollipop.

Back