Theyre here!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrewBrew

Reaction score
They're here!!! My rhizomes arrived today! I ordered 1x fuggle and 1x Brewers Gold. The Brewers gold was a bit skimpy so they sent along 2... both of which have buds. Now my only problem is space- I have about 9' plot to accomodate 2 plots but need about 15 for all 3.

Anyone think I would be ok to have all 3 in such a tight space or should I just not plant one this year?

You only need enough space between two different varieties to keep them from intertwining and not being able to distinguish the cones. Five feet between different varieties is recommended.
Nine feet sounds like enough space.
The Brewers Gold 3 feet apart, with the Fuggle spaced five feet away from the Brewers Gold.
Of course you'll have to cheat a little to get them in a nine foot plot, but it'll be fine.
You can keep an eye on them, and just separate the branches that come in contact with one another. I have done this.
You can make a branch wrap around another branch on the same plant to keep it from reaching another plant.
It's not as much work as you might think. Once a branch starts to wrap around another it's gonna stay there.
Plus I like to watch their progress, and check on mine every day. I'm sure you will too.
I'm pretty anxious to see how mine are going to do this year, because I had to transplant them.
My wife didn't like them growing on the side of the house.
After transplanting a month ago some of my bines are 4 feet tall already.

Latest posts

Back