There's No Brew Like A Home Brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean R

Reaction score
Hello friends,

My name is Dean. I've been brewing off and on for several years. By no means a pro at it. But I love the process and I never realized how bad most store bought beer tasted until I tried my very first home brew.

My interest started several years ago when my son gave me a Christmas gift card for Sportsman's Warehouse. I had every intention of leaving there with a tacklebox. But the prices for their tacklebox's were ridiculous. A Mr. Beer kit seemed much more affordable and interesting.

Since then, I've probably brewed 10 or more batches of beer. Including American Pale Ale, Octoberfest Lager, Watermelon Wheat, Zombie Fest Lager, etc. One of my favorites is Hard Root Beer. A Coopers DIY recipe that tastes exactly like A&W, but with a smooth kick that will surprise you without immobilizing you. The secret is in the brown sugar. Shhh!

I also belong to the Mr. Beer forums and several brewing FaceBook groups. That's been where I've gotten most of the information I needed for brewing beer. But I ran across this site and decided to join. Can't know too much about this hobby.

I'm getting ready to bottle a batch in a couple weeks. I've already gotten much more use out of my brewing kits than I ever would have with a tacklebox!

Thanx for having me. Happy brewing!

~ Dean ~

Welcome Dean. It's true, homebrew really is "the good stuff". It looks looks like you've tried quite a variety of recipes so far. I've been brewing for about a decade now and I'm getting grain ready for in the morning, I've learned to enjoy the process as much as the beer, in fact I'd go as far as to say the product IS the process sometimes.

Cheers!

Welcome Dean. It's true, homebrew really is "the good stuff". It looks looks like you've tried quite a variety of recipes so far. I've been brewing for about a decade now and I'm getting grain ready for in the morning, I've learned to enjoy the process as much as the beer, in fact I'd go as far as to say the product IS the process sometimes.

Cheers!
Thank you,
I've considered making some more complicated brews. But the kits are so easy and I'm not sure I'm ready for the more advanced stuff. Some day, though.

Welcome aboard @Dean R to this crazy train we call a hobby. You have your feet wet now so jump on in. I've been brewing off and on for more than 30 years. I'm trying to be retired so I can do nothing more than brew and fish. I got that tackle box now I just have to find time to use it.

Happy brewing.

Latest posts

Back