The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey hoping to find some artistic person to help a guy out! Im so bad at Photoshop its not even funny! I'd really like to use this as a logo with some wording and a background, maybe have the hawk holding a hop or something in his talons. I'm thinking as a brewery name for untappd, thinking maybe yellow hawk brewing or Hop Hawk brewing. What do you think anyone able to help out?

Old-School-Flying-Herky-FC-vinyl-decal.jpg

Wow thanks for messing with it for me! I the bottom one a lot. Could I see one with the red being a shade of grey. Then the same but with hop hawk brewing as the wording maybe?

I'm not sure what you're asking. You want the bottom one, with the hophawk text instead? And in grey instead of red? I can absolutely combine whatever you want from them. I'll fix it up in the morning.

I wonder if anyone has just posted a beer name and asked for a label? I typically come up with something, and with no artistic talent and some internet searching come up with something. I have a friend that designed our logo, but I haven't set him in the direction of labels yet.

Anyone want to give it a shot?

I found a certain type of drink with the name I wanted to call a beer I wanted to brew & re-name, and just messed with that label to put ABV, IBU, and such over the text that wasn't the name. It looked good, but a very blatant grab, so I don't want to show it.

That, and I haven't made the beer yet.

:eek:

I don't particularly have a need for a label, but I was wondering if you guys have ever made anything with a EMS/Public safety point of view? Star of life type background?

Please don't go make anything, I was just curious what you guys might have already done.

Ken

Anyone want to give it a shot?

I'll gladly come up with a few ideas for you. Working on labels helps keep me sane. Anything you've got to get me started is fine. Beer name, color, style, interests, whatever. We can come up with something. Unless you rather wait for someone else to come along. I've just tried to carry on for JINKS. You can see a lot of the work I've done in the last few pages, no hard feelings if it doesn't fit what you want.

Hi guys.

I've been trying to come up with a label design and failing pretty badly and could use some help.

The name of our homebrewery is Barking Mad Brewing

And I've got a picture of my dog that I've been messing with.

I like a light orange/tan color on forest green and a goofy cartoony font/feel to the whole thing. I kind of like the pencil sketch or "drawn" look too

Any help would be appreciated if you all get bored. Thank you!

View attachment 1450200618343.jpg

View attachment 1450200632012.jpg

Any help would be appreciated if you all get bored. Thank you!

Alright dude. Not sure about this one, it might be a little too artistic for my ability.. but here is a quick attempt:

2j2dnjs.png

I saved a few pieces seperately, so if there is any aspect of it you happen to like, we can try to change it. (ex. lighter border, no border, texture, text, color, etc) I added the 'kapow' burst with thought that if you are looking for a generic label, you could marker in the style or something.

I can try a sketchy one for you in a bit you prefer.

Alright dude. Not sure about this one, it might be a little too artistic for my ability.. but here is a quick attempt:

2j2dnjs.png

I saved a few pieces seperately, so if there is any aspect of it you happen to like, we can try to change it. (ex. lighter border, no border, texture, text, color, etc) I added the 'kapow' burst with thought that if you are looking for a generic label, you could marker in the style or something.

I can try a sketchy one for you in a bit you prefer.

Thank you for taking the time to give it a shot!

I like the font for sure!

I think the color of the font could go a little more toward orange and the green a little more "foresty" I like earth tones for the most part, nothing too neon.

And I think the sketch one might look better. The label I tried to make used the sketch looking one as the entire background with borders and I liked the minimalist quality of that

But I wasn't good at working the text in or leaving space for the fl oz or ABV etc.

I hope that makes some sense?

@theCADjockey I like that one! I think boxes for info would be good, and maybe a paw print or something?

As a creative person, I respect the process and know how frustrating it is to take someone else's description and make something from it so thank you!

@theCADjockey I like that one! I think boxes for info would be good, and maybe a paw print or something?

No problem at all. I made it through architecture studio critiques, I can take it. Whether or not you get what you want, is another story. I'm still learning new tricks, this is all just practice and fun for me anyway.

viiszr.png

Maybe the paw print should be softer.. unless you don't like it at all. It's the best I could find I think:

2r76pg7.png

No problem at all. I made it through architecture studio critiques, I can take it. Whether or not you get what you want, is another story. I'm still learning new tricks, this is all just practice and fun for me anyway.

viiszr.png

Maybe the paw print should be softer.. unless you don't like it at all. It's the best I could find I think:

2r76pg7.png

I love the second one

So one more tweak? A place for the beer name at the bottom, directly over the info, and changed "bottled on" to IBU's? (the people I'm giving beer to will drink it before the bottling date ever matters haha)

@TheCADJockey - is it possible in your program to completely remove something from a textured background? Or work with different layers?

So one more tweak?

2na1x8g.jpg

This is the best solution I have at the moment. Trying to find a way to add another spot to it without it just looking like a big blank box for the name. Unless you want to drop the fl oz from the bottom and just have name/ibu/abv in that space.

OK, this is what I was referencing earlier - I took an APA recipe, modified it slightly, and renamed it Pennyroyal Tea. I then found an actual tea co. called that, and blatantly ripped off their logo. It's HB, right? I am not selling it, just making my bottles look good. Anyway, this is what I ended up with, using my meager skills in paint (yes, MSPaint! Laugh at me!):

PpHUPFs.jpg

But what I didn't see at the time is, there is still a teacup there! I'd like to change that to a pint glass, something like this (details to follow):

vSHSqRY.jpg

With the teacup handle gone, and a pint glass extending down, with it covering up the lines & curves, but with the circled badge sitting on top of the pint glass, if that makes sense.

2na1x8g.jpg

This is the best solution I have at the moment. Trying to find a way to add another spot to it without it just looking like a big blank box for the name. Unless you want to drop the fl oz from the bottom and just have name/ibu/abv in that space.

I like the boarders on the blank box. What if you moved the paw up and to the left a bit and maybe shrink it a hair, and then stretch the name box all the way across the label and remove the lighter color/match it to the background but keep the borders? I honestly have no idea what you can/can't do with photoshop, its magic to me haha.

OK, this is what I was referencing earlier - I took an APA recipe, modified it slightly, and renamed it Pennyroyal Tea. I then found an actual tea co. called that, and blatantly ripped off their logo. It's HB, right? I am not selling it, just making my bottles look good. Anyway, this is what I ended up with, using my meager skills in paint (yes, MSPaint! Laugh at me!):

PpHUPFs.jpg

But what I didn't see at the time is, there is still a teacup there! I'd like to change that to a pint glass, something like this (details to follow):

vSHSqRY.jpg

With the teacup handle gone, and a pint glass extending down, with it covering up the lines & curves, but with the circled badge sitting on top of the pint glass, if that makes sense.

Something like this Slym2none?
SitAndDrink-v1.png

PpHUPFs.jpg

vSHSqRY.jpg

Your first milk stout has to be Warm Milk and Laxatives now.

I am working on crafting up some new labels and I have ok GIMP skills - my question is does anyone know of a brush pack or a quick way to make the "leaf definitions" of a hop cone? I was going to try to make my own and it seems all you do is create similar "v" or "tear drop" shaped lines to make the individual leafs appear. See these images for what I mean about the lines

What if you moved the paw up and to the left a bit and maybe shrink it a hair, and then stretch the name box all the way across the label and remove the lighter color/match it to the background but keep the borders?

28chfuh.jpg

Better? Back at work now, so I'm available to play with labels again.

I need some help. I have been calling my "brewery" MooseJuice Homebrewing and would like a logo to add to labels on some gift bottles. I have no artistic ability. Basically I was thinking a pint glass with head. MooseJuice in the head of the beer, Homebrewing just below it and add some Moose antlers to the sides of the glass. Black and white would be fine, and I'm thinking minimalist would be better but I would take any ideas or input and appreciate any help.

Wow, some amazing work being doing in this thread!! That Marking Mad label was really killer!

I, like BNolt17, am looking for some sort of logo design for Twin City Brewing Co. I'm thinking we'll do a silhouette of our skyline for larger logos, but I'm interested in something small that could be used on bottle caps, coasters, T-shirt fronts, etc. The only thing I've been able to come up with are thefts of the Twins baseball logo. I'd like to stay away from that since MY Twin City is not Minneapolis, but I've come up blank.

Anyone feeling creative to try?

I'll gladly work on both, or try to at least get you started with some ideas.. if nobody else picks them up. I've got a lot designs going. Any further information would probably help a bit.

@mbbransc do you have a link to the skyline you like?

The skyline I like is something like this.

WE_RUN_WINSTON_w-logos_grn_bkgrd-process-s525x359.png

But for a small, secondary logo, it doesn't need to incorporate that. Just something slick looking that would work on bottlecaps and Tshirts!!

Here's one for you: I am using TECHS MECHS Brewing for my labels, it has a Texas Rangers badge for the majority and the TECHS replaces Texas, MECHS replaces Rangers and hops replace the ivy on the sides.

I am at a complete loss after that... I am SO un-artistic.

Techs Mechs.jpg

I need some help. I have been calling my "brewery" MooseJuice Homebrewing and would like a logo to add to labels on some gift bottles. I have no artistic ability. Basically I was thinking a pint glass with head. MooseJuice in the head of the beer, Homebrewing just below it and add some Moose antlers to the sides of the glass. Black and white would be fine, and I'm thinking minimalist would be better but I would take any ideas or input and appreciate any help.

What about a cartoon moose head sipping on juice box, the juice box reads BEER?

I'll gladly come up with a few ideas for you. Working on labels helps keep me sane. Anything you've got to get me started is fine. Beer name, color, style, interests, whatever. We can come up with something. Unless you rather wait for someone else to come along. I've just tried to carry on for JINKS. You can see a lot of the work I've done in the last few pages, no hard feelings if it doesn't fit what you want.

No worries, if it keeps you sane and busy...:D
Brewing up an Imperial Stout Friday (if my errand doesn't take up too much time)
Name - Minotaur Imperial Stout
Shooting for 15%, name of the brewery is my screen name, MadCow Brewing.
Let me know if you want more info.
Ready go....

I'll gladly work on both, or try to at least get you started with some ideas.. if nobody else picks them up. I've got a lot designs going. Any further information would probably help a bit.

@mbbransc do you have a link to the skyline you like?

Would you mind if I take a crack at this one? I have a slightly different idea that might work if you aren't committed to your concept.

This thread has gotten much bigger than I ever thought it would. This community is awesome. I wish I could get more involved, but it looks like I don't need to.

Back