The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty boring episode last night... Only real highlight was Simon talking about cardamom gelato.

My question though, at the end there why did they make it look like Darryl was standing there in the shadows when it's totally Dwight. Is he going to help or hurt Rosita?

Pretty boring episode last night... Only real highlight was Simon talking about cardamom gelato.

My question though, at the end there why did they make it look like Darryl was standing there in the shadows when it's totally Dwight. Is he going to help or hurt Rosita?

Maybe this is the part where Dwight initially stops Sasha or Rosita (maybe he even kills one of them) to prove to himself and to Negan his loyalty, but only after internally beating himself up over that for several minutes or days does he realize that he needs to help the Alexandrians and turn (no pun intended) against the Saviors.

Pretty sure Sasha is going to die. The actress has a staring role in an upcoming show so I can definitely see them killing her off. I also read that the actress playing Rosita is pregnant so they might kill her off as well...

Public Service Announcement:

This show has Jumped the Shark. I am no longer anticipating the next installment.

They will be lucky if I watch the season's final episode. They've lost me.

I'm sorry to say, cuz I really did like it.......... once.

I'm sorry, I'm out.

This week on AMC's The Walking Dead:

-Sasha learns to tie knots and forgets how to shoot

-Rosita reveals how she learned all her skills and is actually Sarah Conner from Terminator 2. (same backstory)

-Enid makes snacks and gets a lesson in grammar

-Daryl and Maggie have a cry

-Eugene makes the only intelligent decision of the episode and gets the hell away from Rosita

-Better Negan than Negan (Simon) has a chat with the Hilltop guy we are supposed to hate for being right.

-Oh and 30 seconds of actual training for the war that is supposed to happen eventually. I think that's what it was. Either that or Hilltop had a renaissance festival and we saw the knife throwing booth.

Tune in next week for 35 minutes of commercials, 15 minutes of people walking, getting into vehicles, and doing other really boring things, and if we are lucky 10 minutes of talking about the war that might happen next season.

I don't know why I'm still watching......sigh......

This week on AMC's The Walking Dead:

-Sasha learns to tie knots and forgets how to shoot

-Rosita reveals how she learned all her skills and is actually Sarah Conner from Terminator 2. (same backstory)

-Enid makes snacks and gets a lesson in grammar

-Daryl and Maggie have a cry

-Eugene makes the only intelligent decision of the episode and gets the hell away from Rosita

-Better Negan than Negan (Simon) has a chat with the Hilltop guy we are supposed to hate for being right.

-Oh and 30 seconds of actual training for the war that is supposed to happen eventually. I think that's what it was. Either that or Hilltop had a renaissance festival and we saw the knife throwing booth.

Tune in next week for 35 minutes of commercials, 15 minutes of people walking, getting into vehicles, and doing other really boring things, and if we are lucky 10 minutes of talking about the war that might happen next season.

I don't know why I'm still watching......sigh......

Additionally, I don't know if anyone else noticed, but Jesus came out as gay.

My partner thinks Darryl and Jesus are gonna hook up just for the shock factor. If you are a dude, is it still socially acceptable to call your partner a wife?

I have an X and a Y chromosome, she has only X chromosomes. she's homogametic I'm heterogametic. Damn now I'm confused. Google said I might be gay. But also said there "isn't anything wrong with that" so that's cool.

Last edited:
****, I should probably boycott the show now, assuming this was a secret slam at his namesake which it might be. Not that there's anything wrong with the one thing, but the other thing...

um, it's ok for everyone else to be gay, but to call his namesake gay is an offence? Now I'm just confused.

Now dear, don't spend all your tokens at once. You'll want to save some for more fun later.

Yeah. I can understand how my post could be considered out of order for bringing religion in this thread while yours somehow did not. I get it, and I fully understand when I get the inevitable warning or banning.

For the record, I have no problem with other's belief systems, I just have a problem with hypocrisy

Hmmm... I just took a look back at this thread. dmtaylor Please accept my most humble apologies. I knew at the time I was being a bit of an asshat. I just never realised I was being a total *********. Sometimes, whicksey makes me have wrouble with turds.

Stop, stop. Let's just get back to talking about Dead stuff. :)

Sure! I'm getting board with the show too, but I don't think it's jumped the shark. The producers have just tried something that does not work. The show was always better when the group was together. End of, really! :ban:

This...wasn't the shows strongest episode this season, but that's okay, because it sets us up for the big reveal of the secret alliance and all the violent confrontation that promises.

Chekhov's Guns
We all knew the group was going to need and going to get Oceanside's guns. The way towards getting them was stupid and convoluted, replete with a convenient zombie ship disgorging a horde for the united groups to gun and slice down, but hey, it's out of the way now. Would be nice if the ladies just joined up instead of being dumb about it, but I'm sure they'll come around. Side note: Aaron's boyfriend is so damn dead.

Chekhov's...Poison Pill
Can we all just say here that "Rapey Dave" was either a brilliant manipulative move by Negan or was so fortuitous as to be downright unbelievable? Beyond Rapey Dave getting what was, Sasha being Sasha, she is still trying to find a way to kill Negan despite being captured, which is admirable. Unfortunately for her, for suicide purposes Eugene already had a suicide pill ready to roll. So now Sasha has a choice, be used as a hostage or end her own life...we all know what the answer is there (Hi Star Trek!). Side note: Turns out Eugene really is on Negan's side, I thought he was manipulating Negan, but well, I was clearly wrong.

The End is Near
Negan is aware of Rick and the rest's plans to overthrow him, thanks to Eugene, and now a confrontation seems inevitable. The question is whether or not Rick's fragile alliance is really ready to take on the Saviors yet, and what Negan can do to break them apart.

So you run into Negan's hidey whole on a suicide mission to kill him and you get caught and thrown in a cell. Okay.

So Rapey Dave pays you a visit, Negan does what he does, and the HE LEAVES YOU A GIANT HUNTING KNIFE WITH GIGANTIC BLADE!!!!!!!

Now, Negan makes a good point in that attacking him right now is ill advised. He's standing over you with a bat. You'll probably lose. Okay.

But then, Negan comes back into your dark cell with no windows. Do you try to jump him with the 16" pig sticker? Nope. You lay there and leave the knife jammed in Rapey Walker Dave's head.

Why? If you are suicidal, and you were willing to run into fort savior to take out Negan, why not try to get the jump on him? You might win, you might not. But to just lay there? Makes 0 sense.

We knew they were going to go get the guns, they got the guns.

Highlights:
Negan providing comic relief
Gabriel finally becoming one of the team
Tara flipping off the little girl
Dwight finally made the switch (maybe?)

Haha, question/defy/don't follow the rules and Negan kills you. Try to kill Negan and not only does he spare your life but he respects you and wants to recruit you.

Makes sense.

So who is the little birdie that told Negan that Rick & Co. were up to no good? Is there a traitor in the mix?

So who is the little birdie that told Negan that Rick & Co. were up to no good? Is there a traitor in the mix?

It's possible. It's also possible that Negan's group/network is so large that they've had eyes on Rick and the group the entire time.

It's possible. It's also possible that Negan's group/network is so large that they've had eyes on Rick and the group the entire time.

I doubt it was Eugene. Even if he's playing 'go along to get along' now, I doubt he's flipped on Rick. Maybe he's not masterminding a plot, but I don't see him as a turncoat. He may believe Sasha really wants to kill herself. Even if Negan and the Saviors are defeated, Eugene must be able to see that they'd then have all (that was left) of the Savior's loot.

Could've been a junkyard dog.

Yeah, I also doubt that it was Eugene. I'm almost betting money on Gregory. That guy is a p.o.s.

Just read an article that said that Gregory is a prime suspect but in the episode we see him about to travel somewhere (most likely to the Saviors HQ) but Negan already knows about Rick's plot so it doesn't seem like it was Gregory.

Second guess is someone from the trash people.

I think people are overlooking the fact that this season started with it's strongest ever episode. It's understandable that it would take an entire season to get back into it's stride after that one. If you are trying to keep it realish (like a zombie show could be realish) there HAS to be a long settling in period.

While I can agree the season has been fragmented in it's episodes, when looked back on as a whole, it has actually been very good compared to looking at one episode at a time.......Well, that made sense to me while I was typing it anyway!!

I think people are overlooking the fact that this season started with it's strongest ever episode. It's understandable that it would take an entire season to get back into it's stride after that one. If you are trying to keep it realish (like a zombie show could be realish) there HAS to be a long settling in period.

While I can agree the season has been fragmented in it's episodes, when looked back on as a whole, it has actually been very good compared to looking at one episode at a time.......Well, that made sense to me while I was typing it anyway!!

Fact is that they more-or-less turned TWD into a soap opera after the first few episodes (season one). It's just that some seasons are more soap-y than others.

I am stoked that they're carrying the story along as they are actually, but **** it is a long time coming.

Side bar: I really enjoy the Talking aftershow; however, I wish they would be more open and honest about their thoughts of each episode. I like CH as the host, but sometimes I think he is overly biased as well as the guests.

I don't care about what the haters say, I'm excited for this!

Just to see Carol suited up for battle gets me giddy...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea the tiger is gonna eat Negan. 100% guarantee.

I'd like to see that too, but I think that negan is going out by ricks hand. He is the star of the show and already told negan he would kill him, like garret from terminous.

Also, i think its pretty ballsy for Daryl to be out with rick on these missions,
and for rick to be carrying his gun on him. If negan has eyes on Alexandria's gates then they'd see Daryl. If rick gets a visit from negan and is carrying that gun, not only would negan take it, but would know Daryl had been there. Seems like they are not being very smart for all that has happened.

Back